1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
  3. If you need to get JNGP working with 1.28, read this.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 26th Texturing Contest is up and running. Choose an entry for the win!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Compete in Concept Art Contest - Bounty Hunter. May the best artist's bounty hunter execute!
    Dismiss Notice

Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.8.1

Submitted by gadina_prokleta
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Host map Arrange game
Gadina Prokleta Presents

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta
Version 5.8.1

► Both major bugs of the game should be finally FIXED:​
• The game desynchronization at game start should not happen anymore!
• The bug with items lost upon death is now fixed!
• In order to reduce overpopulation, initial beast spawn is randomly decreased by app. 10%.​
► There is a dedicated network for Jungle Trolls Reborn in Tunngle (see here for details).​

Map Info:

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Loading Screen picture by Cindy Nyan

[​IMG]

Playable Classes:

You can choose among four troll heroes, each having different skills and item recipes:
The fierce and mighty WARRIOR,
The silent and insidious HUNTER,
The wise and creepy SHAMAN,
The ingenious and crafty INVENTOR.

The Troll classes

[​IMG]

Gameplay Variety:

You can craft various weapons, items and buildings and combine them
dependent on the class of the chosen troll and the necessities of the tribe.
The world is changing and going its own course through the game.
The game is rich of possibilities. There can't be two JTR games exactly the same.

A well armed Warrior in action

[​IMG]

Features:

- rich game world, full of hidden dangers and secrets;
- breeding animals, which can be hunted, tamed or even zombified;
- cute little cubs and mighty boss beasts, cunning enemies and evil allies;
- changing weather affecting the gameplay in many aspects;
- complete freedom of movement and choice of tactics.

A Hunter with his pet

[​IMG]

Creators:

The game is based on A.Dominion's Jungle Troll Tribes (5.5).
In the middle of year 2006 with the written permission of the author
the map was reworked and improved by gadina_prokleta.

Subsequently A.Dominion joined the development team
and did a great work to further improve and extend the game.

The game was developed with the help of many
contributors from all around the world:
Dark Angel (beta testing, tooltips),
ElloElloEllo (modelling),
GothicMage and Jimmehdean (hosting, beta testing),
BIOEngineer (Russian game community, beta testing)
and many others.

Official Site
Website

More Info
Wiki

For updates and contact:
Facebook page

Keywords:
troll, trolls, jungle trolls, jungle troll tribes, reborn, gadina, prokleta, survival
Contents

Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.8 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
  1. QueQueQue

QueQueQue

Hi I'm QueQueQue

Usually I play Jungle Trolls myself because I think in my region I am the only one who play it. So may I request Gadina_Prokleta to encrypt some AI Trolls for me to play with?

And also, the Shaman is so strong, I could barely use it every time. But there is a bug. When a Shaman Extract seeds, combining Greatest Elixir and Wood, it could only make 1 seed for it, unlike when made in the Shaman hut, usually it bears 5-10 seeds.

Thanks for noticing.

2. ALFAMASUL

ALFAMASUL

My question estimated:

as you will get greatest elixir in version 5.7.0 ??:ogre_hurrhurr:

3. AndresCLS

AndresCLS

best survival ever

4. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Dear Chessboxing...

I hate this damn forum.
    You deserve a long and detailed answer which I wrote in about an hour, and then I was informed that my session expired or something like that :D
    Argh. I have no patience to write this again. Fuck you, Hive Workshop!

In a few words: Chessboxing, you did an amazing job. With your help I fixed a handful of bugs and balance issues, but honestly, I can't offer much more to the community.
    The game and Wc3 in general are played by a handful of people, and even though I'm trying to make a living by creating games, nothing can justify the tons of work required to make those improvements on a free game, in such an old and unsupported environment.
    I will, however, release another version with the following updates:

• troll soul revival by Miracle changed to be more hardcore: after the first death a troll will gain mana to revive himself after 1 day, but after the second death the only option for revival remains the Tribe's Totem
    • guardian beast ownership can be taken by any player in the Tribe
    • guardian beasts are now vulnerable to poisons and diseases;
    • Demonic Voodoo Mask now requires Antelope Horns instead of Pact with the Devil
    • bugfixes:
    - totem guardian mana cost fixed
    - bug with heat gain from equipment fixed
    - a possible crash reason with cooking removed

5. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Vbulleten problems. Once Hive converts to Xenoforo, which is soon, I think this won't happen anymore.

Anyway, +rep for the update!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  6. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Normally I love the Hive - in regards of design, community and all the precious information.
    But when one's sleepy and tells oneself "hold on, write on all the topics, this guy deserves it" and all the work just disappears... I know, I should write long forum posts in Word (autosave), but I never learn :D

7. Erindeir

Erindeir

worse and worse with everу version... :(

8. San

San

It is not getting worsen,but the gameplay is becoming more and more different for the old JTR players(like me),its like v5.5 final is the end of 'season 1',and 5.6 starts a second season of JTR with different gameplay.

9. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Exactly.
    I'm aiming to make the game more understandable by casual players, so there will be easier to find a party and PLAY it.

However, I can understand why in the eyes of old players this version is worse than 5.5 - because there is no selling soul and permanent losing. But why this is worse than 5.7? It is harder. Now you are revived for free only once... after a whole day. Then everyone in the tribe needs the Totem to revive, and this is why the Totem should be hidden in the woods and protected with traps & towers. To revive, you also need a stockpile of meat at the totem, so you can sacrifice it. How is this easier?!

10. FLo0pZ

FLo0pZ

ok there's definitely something wrong with the item. i tried crafting bronze bar at forge. i filled the slots with full stones and flints (2 slots each for a total of 10 stones and 10 flints). then clicked bronze bar button.

the result was: 1 stone in slot 1. 1 flint in slot 2. 1 bronze bar in slot 3. empty slot 4.

i think the last version (5.7 i think), the rest of the unused items was dropped on the ground.

anyway around this? or maybe you should put a warning text as to "do not fill all slots completely when crafting items or you will risk losing materials"

and why'd u remove the equipment requirement ?

the totem doesn't remove diseases 100% of the time. (or is this intended?)

11. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Yes, I also noticed a new bug appeared in 5.7.2 with a variable used in crafting and reviving.
    Working to solve this!

The equipment requirement have been reworked in a completely different system: now every class can wear any armor, but this increases his Burden, making his hero skills and spells cost more energy. This way a Shaman would still prefer lighter to no armor.

As for not removing 100% of diseases - yes, this is a minor bug.

12. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Version 5.7.3: major update (15.10.2015)
    • fishing time decreased, chance to catch increased, tooltips improved;
    • net, hands of the dead and freeze duration decreased; spellbooks crafting tooltips improved.
    • bugfixes:
    – a major bug with crafting and revival fixed;
    – totem initial placing fixed.

13. chessboxing

chessboxing

Some JTR Game Info Tips(game info - quests)

Hi,

because the map is missing some overall ingame info (in F9 field) - I compiled several topics from the website and ingame tooltips and made them as triggers for info quests. This way players can check it during game (Survival info / Jungle Animals info / Building and crafting/ Weather/ Hunger / Heat / Energy etc.). They can be edited and added to the F9 section. Could be extended with different topics though. However seems that there is a limit of characters for every quest trigger so the information has to be grouped in topics.

Edit: I tested 5.7.3 on 2v2 multiplayer: 2 of the players dropped (we remained 1vs1).

About revival from troll after death: energy counter starts from 0 even at first days - takes too long. Then even if you revive from totem once (before you have used miracle from troll) - you lose the option to be able to revive alone later.

Some additional notes on totem and guardian:
    There is an exploit possible with 5.7+:
    guardian can be blocked behind some stone walls away from totem (spamming like 5-10 walls to make it unreachable) thus making it hard to reach and also the totem is invulnerable all the time while there is guardian. - this makes base somehow unnecessary invulnerable for too long (it takes alot of time and power to destroy lots of stone walls).
    Suggest: Hitpoints of totem to be increased to 1000 - 1500 and it to be attackable. Then as a victory condition both totem and guardian would need to be destroyed.
    Spooky aura from all types of totems needs to have also negative mana regen on shades (currently it has only slow on them). Scare ability from totem of horror can prevent control (select) during the time of effect - could produce lot of bugs though / alternatively it can cause tremble - chance to miss all types of attacks for a while.

Detectors: warior class has no option to use any detector except torch - means if he needs torch - he has to go without a primary weapon. This gives him no chance against a hunter or player who uses invisibility. Torch is too weak for primary weapon currently.
    Suggest:
    - torch to be used not only as primary weapon - maybe also as secondary or third weapon - depending on what the player has euipped. The torch model would be very nice if visible when equipped also; Torch aura, firecamp aura and flares - should also reveal all invisible units within range - player carrying torch, all friends or foes ig they are invisible. Torch could also be attached to towers, deer, totem, golems, turtle helper, ghouls, frolls for more detector options.
    - flares to be used by all classes
    - new item like dust of appearance to be accessible
    - option to buy hawk egg / hound pup from troll merchant :)
    - totem can have some reveal area spell for ex. cost 150 energy

All the best :psmile:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  14. Seth

Seth

You gotta love when people permaforce you to play something in this game. Even more than ever now.

15. FLo0pZ

FLo0pZ

ok how do you make the siege catapult work. it cannot attack. it has 0 mana and bombard requires 50 mana.

i had the rabbit gloves and raccoon boots from quest. then i died. both of them gone permanently.

i also had flamethrower. then i died. then it's gone.

also i tried making potions. and it sometimes crash the game (memory leak?)

i sold the festive hat after finishing quest. then finished another quest and can't pick up the festive hat.

i'll post more once i find more bugs (or what i think would be bugs).

16. gadina_prokleta

gadina_prokleta

Catapult: load it with a stone and it will have the mana needed. Or you can even load it with an inventor's bomb ;)

Yes, seems there's still some bug with disappearing items upon revival... I should find some time to check this.

No idea about the potions... Everything is possible :(

Maybe you have equipped a mask or another festive hat? If not, then maybe it's a bug. Sometimes bugs with equipped items do happen. The way to fix them is to type -debug. These bugs are automatically fixed when you die and revive.

17. T77df

T77df

Problem

Hello creators. I find very very little problem. change MechaGlome food cast from 5 to 0. Your map are great. Thank you.

18. EditorMario

EditorMario

I would just like to report the bug I encountered when I tested this map vesion 5.7.3.
    -
    Reveal
    when you die sometimes items simply disappear from game and you don't have them in inventory when you revive

(I just noticed you may have been talking about that version and already know of that bug)
    -another bug which I don't think is mentioned is this:
    for voodoo revival of zombie troll you need 200 voodoo energy, even tho it says in description you need 100

One suggestion - could you make it so that festive hat joins with mask
    (sort of like axes do when warrior picks 2 of them, or just add a button in shaman hut that can do that)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

It's interesting.

20. QueQueQue

QueQueQue

I think you should slow up the regeneration speed a little bit so that there will be a smaller chance of survival, ending the game fast. And it will also force the user of the troll to hunt food or herb to ensure his safety and health regen. I suggest maybe putting a 'backpack' for an extra inventory, but filling one original inventory of the troll due problems of uncarried items, leaving them behind for thieves. It can be formed by 4 tinder, 2 ropes, 1 wood, and a pig skin. It will be worth hunting these items for an extra inventory. :)