• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jungle Troll "Tracker" (Model, Anims)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45

WHAT
The Jungle Troll "Tracker", a T1 'basic combat' unit (ala Footman/Grunt/Ghoul/Archer) who attacks at range with his spears, can Stalk invisibly along the ground, and can Climb into the trees to spy on (& later Ambush) enemy units.

WHERE
For my Jungle Troll custom race (yes, that one), featured in this thread

WHO
Original model by @Sellenisko, modified by @PROXY (we're pretty sure...), modified by me slightly. (Permission attached below)

WHICH VERSION
Classic (not Reforged)

WHAT EXACTLY
Just a bit of (hopefully) light animation-/mesh-work: this was a Hero that I'm using as a Unit, so he just needs:
- Decay Flesh (fixed from Dissipate)
- Decay Bones (added)
- 'Corpse' mesh bits (added)
- Remove the "X"d animations (2 IIRC)

upload_2020-6-24_3-17-40-png.358222

I appreciate your help!

Attachments

• Sellenisko - Models (ALL).png
    Sellenisko - Models (ALL).png
    10.6 KB · Views: 38
  • upload_2020-6-24_3-17-40.png
    upload_2020-6-24_3-17-40.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 192
  • DarkSpearHero_PROXY_Kv2.mdx
    113 KB · Views: 31
  • readme.txt
    173 bytes · Views: 26
Last edited:
The base/original model was a modified Shadow Hunter, so I believe it uses the standard "Shadow Hunter" death (you can open it in Magos to double-check, though).

Hmmm, makes it difficult to choose what corpse to use for him :/ Since the Shadow Hunter does the splits when he dies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Yeah he does.

I don't really know all the details of adding the corpse geosets, but isn't there a way to just add a bunch of the flat square geosets (textured with gutz.blp IIRC?), arranged on the ground in the shape of the limbs?

(probably harder than just copy/pasting a corpse-shape from another model, but hence my Request thread. xD)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I finally got a chance to check and indeed, it's perfect. Bone & Gutz.blp geosets lined up in the weird "splits" death-pose of the Shadow Hunter. Even has the Decay Flesh/Bones anims too that we can steal borrow. : )

Of course, why do something yourself when someone else has done it better that you can copy ;)
Oh of course! I know that. I was just tacitly asking if you were planning on doing it yourself. ; ) I'm all for using other people's work (with Credit/Permission). He's been gone a while, so I'll focus on the former (i.e. Crediting him appropriately).

Footman16 said:
I'll have a look tomorrow and see what I can do, its quite late here in Kilt Land.
Well that answers my tacit question; thanks! I look forward to hearing from you whenever you get the chance.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
It looks fantastic in Magos! However, I had a bit of trouble Importing it successfully. I know it's been a while, but I think I did it right... Can you tell me which tool you used to do it? Did you successfully test it in the World Editor?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
DOUBLE-POST Because I got it to work!

Thanks to Retera & GhostWolf's Sanity Checker, we discovered that it had a loose 'Sound Event Object" associated with Hero Dissipate. Removing that Event made it work!

As far as I'm concerned, this Request is Fulfilled. Many thanks, Footman16! +Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.