• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Drakkari Frostwarder Troll

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my first shot at modeling/skinning.
It's an edited model of the Shadow Hunter with a Ice Troll skin and it is not a hero, it is a normal unit and has a death anim.

Also, to make the pathing for the skin work, erase the "war3imported" part from the "war3imported/Icevoodoo.blp"..

Keywords:
Troll, Drakkari, Zul'Drak, Ice, MadebyWolffman
Contents

Drakkari Frostwarder Troll (Model)

Drakkari Frostwarder Troll (Model)

Reviews
18:07, 6th Sep 2014 Misha: It is really too simple.. it barely differs from the beta troll shadowhunter, and it does not fit the ice troll build, Custom texture is unneeded because there are already ingame textures that'll make him have the same...

M

18:07, 6th Sep 2014
Misha: It is really too simple.. it barely differs from the beta troll shadowhunter, and it does not fit the ice troll build, Custom texture is unneeded because there are already ingame textures that'll make him have the same look.
and i'd suggest redoing his decorations to fit more with the ice, or drakkari trolls, which is aztec-like, and with stone, fur, bone, skulls..
and do make his frame bulkier quite a bit.
just to give you inspiration, ice trolls have gods that are; polar bear, snow leopard, cobra, mammoth, rhino, and a winged serpent

Level 10
I'll probably do that in an updated vesion.
This was just a test to see if it worked and if it was atleast decent, I'll maybe add up some more armoring or something..
Possibly add a different mask, or a different weapon instead of a glaive

Level 10
You should consider making the mask and armor resemble this.

Drakkari_Golem.jpg
Zandalari_Colossus.jpg
Spirit-Bound_Sentry.jpg

Good work on what you already have though!

I'd give it a 'needs fix' because it really looks too simple.. and doesn't really have any 'drakkari' feel to it.. I mean.. drakkari trolls are actually bulkier and have more bulkier in body, face and tusks, just because they're built for northrend cold

EDIT: and also they have their own sense of decorations, which is somewhat less feathery and more towards skulls, teeth, stone tablets, and such