• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Jump and slam trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
That's a trigger (or system) that i tried and tried to make, but with no positive results. Like the title says, i need a way to make units jump and when they get close to the ground, they damage all units around, slowing them like the thunder clap. And, more importantly, there are two things that must be set:
1 - Possible to be applied in many units at the same time, since this is quite possible for ocurring in the map i'm trying to make.
2 - Well, it's a consequence of the first. It must be leakless (or as much as possible).

I would really be grateful if someone could attend to this request, since that much of the fun in the map i'm planning would depend on this. Any help is appreciated.

PS: just to be sure, however i guess that you (reader) might already have noticed. It must be usable by units, not heroes. That is, if this really matters in any way.
PS²: i tried the paladon's jump system, and it's wonderful, but i couldn't make the part of the slam to work out in such system. I'm affraid that my works could lead to leakful triggers, so i'm asking to more experienced people. Ah, and if possible, an explanation about the slam system so that i could learn something would be quite nice, but maybe that's asking too much.
PS³: and, of course, the credits will be given.

Level 18
I do have a custom projectiles system but you probably wouldn't be able to use it (its in vJass). Besides I think I want to use that in one of my own maps before I lend it out. Depending on how simple this can be I could just make one in like 30 minutes, I've been working a lot lately with unit movement.

You'll need Jass NewGen Pack with an updated JassHelper and Grimoire in order to compile anything I give you, however. It would also mean that you're probably not going to be able to use the code if you're only familiar with GUI (which I'm assuming).

Level 2
You guessed right, i'm only familiar with GUI. However, i could try to learn something of vJass if the work is simple for beginners, but i would prefer GUI. In any way, feel free to provide any help if you would like to.

Level 2
I tried both of your suggestions, darkt3mppl3r. NgO doesn't have the jump i'm requesting (that is, if you meant the pack that can be found posted in the spells section). And i tried to make something to work with paladon's jump system (of course, credits would be given to him), but, as i said, i'm affraid that when the map started to be played with fullhouse, it would turn out to be leakful. If there is some system in hive that maybe i didn't look, please, link it. At the same time, i will do a further search in the site.

Ah, this might be important. I tested redscores' knock&jump system, but with it there is two things that i don't want.
1 - the knocking part.
2 - does it cause damage AND slowing buff? If it does the slowing buff (or if there is an way to make it), i guess that i will stick to it and set the knock to the minimal, if not possible to erase that part. But that wouldn't be the best option because minimal knockbacks appearing throughout the map many times would lead to lag. But i guess i will try to modify something. Meanwhile, any help is very welcome (and any kind of).

Level 2
Nice! Now all i need to do is to hope that this won't cause any lag (which i don't think it will cause because i didn't use any loop and that the triggers are just too small and of short duration in game). I actually tried to do that before, baassee, but i was meeting problems with the 'wait' action. I was trying to put wait and the slam effect in the same trigger (which, i guess, leads to certain bugs or simple conflicts). Well, thanks for the support you all have given, and especially because with it i was able to build the trigger by myself, and not just the ctrl+c and ctrl+v stuff.

So, in short, the request has been well attended.

Status
Not open for further replies.