• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Jump Attack for Melee Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I need help, I need a spell or a test map (GUI is suggested) for a unit to jump and slash/hit when attacking flying units. (Melee units only)

Like this map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/naruto-battle-siege-v2-33b-141890/

I've tried using Paladon's Jump system.. and it just doesn't works the way I want. (Or I configured it wrong xD)

Highly appreciate anyone who could help me.

Thanks. :grin:

Last edited:
Level 12
Is this a unit target, or ground target ability? So is it just jumps and cut what's in the way or leaps directly to the target?

If it's a groud target ability than u can use the jump of my system's demo spell.. U just have to check the height of units on onUnitHit event and trigger a damage and animation if u want

Is this a unit target, or ground target ability? So is it just jumps and cut what's in the way or leaps directly to the target?

If it's a groud target ability than u can use the jump of my system's demo spell.. U just have to check the height of units on onUnitHit event and trigger a damage and animation if u want

It's not an ability, the attacker (Melee) jumps off from the ground to attack a flying unit. Just like in the example map I linked. (It looks extremely awesome to see WarCraft 3 is capable of doing that xD)

Thanks though.

Level 12
So you mean basic attack is the jump for melee?

If so just change the registered event to a unit is attacked and change the set up of the spell if u need help I'll be at home in an hour and make it for u

Just enable the attacking of air units for the unit

W3 is capable for a lot of thing:)

Level 9
1. enable the melee unit to attack air unit,
2. then on unit is attacked event, check if the attacker is a melee unit, and the attacked unit is a flying unit,
3. add and remove Crow Form from attacker unit to enable fly height change
4. set the attacker's fly height to attacked unit's fly height, then wait or use timer for the ascend delay. then set the attacker's fly height to its default fly height.
5. set the rate of flying height change rate to be high enough so the attacker is back on ground before it attack again OR you can use hashtable to store that attacker unit is currently jumping so its should not fire this trigger again before its reach ground.

example provided for hashtable approach.
by the way, if detect using on damage event, it will look awkward as damage already dealt then the unit jump.

Attachments

• testmap4.w3x
    15.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
1. enable the melee unit to attack air unit,
2. then on unit is attacked event, check if the attacker is a melee unit, and the attacked unit is a flying unit,
3. add and remove Crow Form from attacker unit to enable fly height change
4. set the attacker's fly height to attacked unit's fly height, then wait or use timer for the ascend delay. then set the attacker's fly height to its default fly height.
5. set the rate of flying height change rate to be high enough so the attacker is back on ground before it attack again OR you can use hashtable to store that attacker unit is currently jumping so its should not fire this trigger again before its reach ground.

example provided for hashtable approach.
by the way, if detect using on damage event, it will look awkward as damage already dealt then the unit jump.

I agree Sir! It will surely looks awkward.

I updated my system in signature.

And added a JumpAttack Demo to it. try it out:)

I think it looks pretty cool.(real look jump) and no DDS needed

Thanks a Million to both of you guys! Both of you are another reason why I still plays WarCraft 3! xD
Thanks

And oh btw Lender.. kewl Push and Pull system.

HatsOff.jpg

Thread is now solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.