• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jump Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
working on a sidescroller project, only problem is that i cannot get a jump spell to work for me.

the jump spell im using here is an edited version of paladon's spell. i pretty much just chopped out all the flashy bits and made it a keyboard event instead of a spell.

what im needing it to be changed to UP being the inital jump button, moving the unit up, then by pressing left or right, the jump is nudged in that direction, very similar if not the same as in the mario games.

ive tried to make UP add a buff to the zombie, then if LEFT or RIGHT is presses, it simply jumps in that direction. With this, i havnt been able to make a jump in place action though..**

im pretty lost here, in fact i dont really understand his trigger 100%. any help is greatly appreciated.

**i removed all of the buff stuff because it wasnt working out.

Attachments

• SSZ0.w3x
    17.8 KB · Views: 55
Level 5
This works awesome.. for left or right moving jumps.

jumping in place, as in without moving horizontally, still doesnt work.

thanks a lot for this much atleast, any ideas on jumping in place now?

and perhaps a better movement option, not involving regions.

Level 5
I think if you want to make the unit jump without moving, you'll have to create an ability based in "Stone Form". Because Paladon's spell is created to jump between two different points.
To make the unit move without regions I think you can use the trigger:
- Order to Unit move to [...]
Then instead of using regions use "Point with polar offset" in place of the "[...]".
If you don't know how to use Point with polar offset check this tutorial http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...torials-279/chapter-1-static-shapes-gui-7337/ in one of the first parts of the tutorial it teaches you how to use it.

Level 5
i figured out the polar offset part, his spell/trigger was originally based on an ability i made it a keyboard event with a predetermined distance.

im honestly not sure how the strom crow ability(was that what he used?) even works in the trigger, so ive go no idea how to do the stone form for a jump in place. is there a tutorial you can point me to perhaps?

--also, thanks for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.