• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Jump!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How do i make a jump work 5 levels i have the 5 dummies and the 5 war stomp jumps i just dont know how to do the trigger. (Qwerty shutup because I've already tried importing the jump spells. and either the jass doesnt work or its screwed up.) (tried 5 times :shock: )

Level 6
where exactly is your problem? seems to me that the only what to do is use some different if-then-else conditions in the trigger of jump.... :?

offer your trigger if u can.

Level 6
You only need to have 1 war stomp to the dummy unit. Crete the warstomp with 5 lvls and on the trigger you put.

If:
If level of ABILITY for casting unit equal to 1
Then:
Set the level of war stomp for dummy unit to 1
Order Dummy Unit to cast war stomp
Else:
Do Nothing.

You only need to different this action for each level.
If the level of Ability for the hero equal to 2, set the level of the war stomp for casting unit to 2...

Hope that helped. :wink:

Level 6
You only need to have 1 war stomp to the dummy unit. Crete the warstomp with 5 lvls and on the trigger you put.

If:
If level of ABILITY for casting unit equal to 1
Then:
Set the level of war stomp for dummy unit to 1
Order Dummy Unit to cast war stomp
Else:
Do Nothing.

You only need to different this action for each level.
If the level of Ability for the hero equal to 2, set the level of the war stomp for casting unit to 2...

Hope that helped. :wink:

Level 3
Quit acting like a baby sheesh. Check out this link.
How to change a Units Fly Height:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?t=14920

Really, i think your trying to acheive somthing over your head, since you seem to be confused on spell basics. Maby try creating an easier spell first on your own, before going out to the forums and baby wining about how your soon to be complicated spell doesnt work.

Level 6
To use flying height you only need to add the crow form ability to the unit, and then, you can remove the ability for the unit. One time you give this ability to an unit, it will always be able to use flying height. :wink:

Level 6
Here is going the step by step of the spell.

Casts Jump Trigger

Event:
:arrow: A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions:
:arrow: Ability being cast equal to JUMP
Actions:
:arrow: Set JUMPCASTER = Casting Unit
:arrow: Set JUMPTARGETPOINT = Target point of ability being cast.
:arrow: Turn On Jump Moving trigger.
:arrow: Wait until [number of units in units in range X of JUMPTARGETPOINT matching [matching unit equal to JUMPCASTER] equal to 1.
:arrow: Turn Off Jump Moving trigger.
:arrow: Create 1 dummy unit at position of JUMPCASTER for owner of JUMPCASTER.
:arrow: Add 2 second expiration timer to last created unit.
:arrow: If level of JUMP to JUMPCASTER equal to 1 then do Set the level of War Stomp to last created unit to 1. :idea: ( this action you need to put for each level of the spell, if the caster has the jump level 2, set the level of war stomp for last created unit to 2... :idea:
:arrow: Order last created unit to Orc - Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp.

This is the first trigger, now you need to create an initiality off trigger. At the trigger above, the Turn on and Turn off triggers are refering to this trigger:

Jump Moving Trigger

Event:
:arrow: Every 0.05 seconds of game time.
No Condition
Action:
:arrow: Unit - Move instantly JUMPCASTER to [position of JUMPCASTER offset by "X" towards angle from position of JUMPCASTER to position of JUMPTARGETPOINT] facing [ angle from position of JUMPCASTER to position of JUMPTARGETPOINT] degrees.

:idea: the "X" field at the JUMP MOVING TRIGGER you can put any number, it will refer to the number of feets that the caster will move every 0.05 seconds in direction to the target point of the ability. :idea:

Hope that it helped you! :wink: [/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.