• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jump slam trigger whats wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello everyone! I need some help with one trigger :p

This one:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Jump slashy
  • Actions
    • Set Hero[1] = (Casting unit)
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of Hero[1] using Abilities\Weapons\PhoenixMissile\Phoenix_Missile.mdl
    • Set Specialeffect[3] = (Last created special effect)
    • Unit - Pause Hero[1]
    • Animation - Play Hero[1]'s Attack slam animation
    • Unit - Turn collision for Hero[1] Off
    • Set Point[1] = (Position of Hero[1])
    • Set Point[2] = (Target point of ability being cast)
    • Set Real[1] = (Distance between Point[1] and Point[2])
    • Set Real[2] = Real[1]
    • Unit - Add Crow Form to Hero[1]
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • Real[1] Less than or equal to 100.00
      • Then - Actions
      • Else - Actions
        • Animation - Change Hero[1] flying height to 400.00 at (Real[2] / 2.00)
        • Unit - Remove Crow Form from Hero[1]
    • Animation - Change Hero[1]'s animation speed to (1200.00 / (Real[2] / 40.00))% of its original speed
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[1])
    • Trigger - Turn on jump slash loop <gen>
Trigger 2 the loop

• Events
    • Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Point[1] = (Position of Hero[1])
    • Set Point[3] = (Point[1] offset by 10.00 towards (Angle from Point[1] to Point[2]) degrees)
    • Unit - Move Hero[1] instantly to Point[3]
    • Set Real[1] = (Real[1] - 10.00)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[1])
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[3])
      • If - Conditions
        • Real[1] Less than or equal to 50.00
      • Then - Actions
        • Trigger - Turn off jump slash loop <gen>
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point[2] using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[2])
        • Set Real[1] = 0.00
        • Set Real[2] = 0.00
        • Unit - Turn collision for Hero[1] On
        • Special Effect - Destroy Specialeffect[1]
        • Unit - Unpause Hero[1]
        • Animation - Change Hero[1]'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
        • Animation - Reset Hero[1]'s animation
        • Set Hero[1] = No unit
      • Else - Actions
    • If - Conditions
      • Real[1] Less than or equal to (Real[2] / 2.00)
    • Then - Actions
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to Hero[1]
      • Animation - Change Hero[1] flying height to 0.00 at (Real[2] / 2.10)
      • Unit - Remove Crow Form from Hero[1]
    • Else - Actions

When im testing it ingame the blademaster jump and then hits the ground correctly but he doesnt jump the way i want. Only in the middle of the map o_O so what's the problem? Thanks for all the help!

Level 11
Okay when he casts the spell he doesn't jump where i click he should he jumps to the middle of the map. In my trigger i wrote this
  • Set Point[2] = (Target point of ability being cast)
But ingame its like this

• Set Point[2] = (Center of (Playable map area))
I'll send you the map take a good look at it
And thanks :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• Jump slam.w3x
    19.2 KB · Views: 77
Level 9
ok is the ability a unit target or point target ability, if it's a unit target, you have to do position of target unit of ability being cast

Edit: I see u used rain of fire, the problem might lie there, but I don't have an explenation for it, just replace the ability with another point-targeted ability and check what happens there

Level 9
you should have used channel, it's the base for all custom spells, all i can think about is that there is no target point of ability being cast because it's an area spell, but I remember doing this before with channel and it worked, even when it was an area spell

Level 9
I notice something interesting while trying to fix it. If you pause this unit before setting the
"Target Point of Ability Being Cast", it will lose the target point for some reason. So move the pause down after you have set the point[2]. By doing this you can still base it with rain of fire or other target point ability.

EDIT: Uploaded your map, fixed.. everything should work fine now. I am basing the ability on carrion swarm. It doesn't matter if you change it back to channel, it should work just fine [: Was just testing it because its weird when it loses the target position which i explained above.

Attachments

• Jump slam.w3x
    19.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.