• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Johnwar's Models Discussion

Level 8
Announcement
As you can see from my previous model uploads they are mostly not orcs because I decided not to focus on Horde models anymore. :grin:
I want to explore more races like the Alliance so I am going to try and make Alliance models.:peasant-cheers-back:
That means you're also going to be modeling for the Night Elf right? Because they are also part of the Alliance

Level 58
New Model - Black Legion Soldiers (Pack)
BlackLegionSoldierTC.PNG
BlackLegionLieutenant.PNG
BlackLegionCaptain.PNG
BlackLegionCaptainATC.PNG

Each model contains a TC version. :thumbs_up:
Model Link: Black Legion Soldiers (Pack)

Level 58
In Legends of Arkain, there is also a missing black steel dragon model. Can Mr. Johnwar make the model of the black steel dragon?
Cool

Mind if you can make the Black legion Dragons? also if you can make a Black Steel Admiral with his Ships?
Black Steel Dragons doesn't exist in Arkain (only Black Dragons) I believe and I don't really know what to add to a Dragon.:thumbs_up:

Level 58
New Model WIP - Blackhand the Destroyer
BlackhandtheDestroyer.gif

I have set to the side the Black Legion models but after this I'll be back for them.:grin:
Inspired by the Blackhand in the Warcraft movie, I wanted to do this before but didn't have the idea on how to start it but now I have. I still have to make the weapon and maybe add some things on the armor. I wanted to make him in the beastmaster but I am having a hard time for the head so I ended up making him in my Thrall dismounted using Tauer's animations.:thumbs_up:
I placed the mace of my Ogre Lord model since I think it looks cool but I will remove it once I'm done with the weapon.:grin:

Level 38
View attachment 394083

I have set to the side the Black Legion models but after this I'll be back for them.:grin:
Inspired by the Blackhand in the Warcraft movie, I wanted to do this before but didn't have the idea on how to start it but now I have. I still have to make the weapon and maybe add some things on the armor. I wanted to make him in the beastmaster but I am having a hard time for the head so I ended up making him in my Thrall dismounted using Tauer's animations.:thumbs_up:
I placed the mace of my Ogre Lord model since I think it looks cool but I will remove it once I'm done with the weapon.:grin:
Holy fuck, you made it. I asked myself how long it takes until someone will make his movie version. But personally I think that as a chieftain of Blackrock he should have more armor. Or minimally more dark golden armor, pitlord or thrall, something as I made.
Maybe I would withal give him a pants
Anyway, still this is awesome. This model will gone be legendary

Black Steel Dragons doesn't exist in Arkain (only Black Dragons) I believe and I don't really know what to add to a Dragon.:thumbs_up:
Isn't there a black dragon running for General Gardon Bloodclaw? So it is necessary to make a black steel dragon model. The torso, wings, head and tail can be covered with black steel.

Level 38
View attachment 394083

Btw, OMG, this is first time when you did not choose as a picture team color red

Level 38
Isn't there a black dragon running for General Gardon Bloodclaw? So it is necessary to make a black steel dragon model. The torso, wings, head and tail can be covered with black steel.
wooooow, woow, hang on man! You should not saying something like "it is necessary to make". All what we making we make because it is a fun. You cannot DEMAND it. Dude!
If you wanting it so much, then wait for it or make it yourself. Trust me, it is not really hard(well, minimally models like mine are not)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
So it is necessary to make a black steel dragon model.
Nah, not needed at all.
I am not sure where this idea even came from. Not from me, that's for sure.

I am quite happy with what johnwar did up to this point, his work has been a great support to Arkain.

I appreciate that people want to support Arkain and I do not think that you meant anything bad with it,
but demanding other people to create resources for it is not the correct way to do so.
On the contrary, it is more likely to annoy people.

Last edited:
Level 58
yea, maybe. BUT - did not Ujimasa and after them next few people as john or me established thrall armor as blackrock one?
Thrall's armor is the Doomhammer's one, yeah you guys make every blackrock model use Doomhammer's armour, wich is ok, but it's not the rule (also Johnwar's Blackhand is based on the movie :I ).
Yes I have used thrall's armor for the blackrock but I am honestly not that happy with it so I am thinking maybe in the future I will update them or rename them as Thrall's elite guard so I can make a new one for the blackrock.:smile:
Grunts of the Orcish Horde.jpg

Credit to ShadiHD and to the W3CSW Team for this picture.
As you can see here the Blackrock is different from our Blackrock so I am using this for reference. :thumbs_up:

Level 9
Thrall's armor is the Doomhammer's one, yeah you guys make every blackrock model use Doomhammer's armour, wich is ok, but it's not the rule (also Johnwar's Blackhand is based on the movie :I ).
he is right if doing something too much sometimes it gives the viewer and the model user boredom and has to carefully consider which model is nice and good to save on their map. I and the other models either go missing or they become overshadowed because it's similar and makes the viewer feel why so much I have to use it somewhere when they are good.
P/s : Sometimes it's good to do a lot of selection, but too much is a very difficult thing, every model has to have something a little different sometimes it's fun (but it's about an arkain collection) ), then I have no bad opinion on this, please don't get me wrong.

Last edited:
Level 1
I'm now accepting donations Paypal JohnwarWC3 this will help me continue my hobby project of making Re-Classic Models and other models. :grin:
Model Requests/Commissions - I now take model requests this means that if you request a model from me it will be prioritized first!:grin:Just message me if you have some questions. And I am doing this because I need to earn to help for my studies. :smile:
Hey are you still taking comissions?
IDK how to send a private message

Level 58
New Model WIP - Footman (Re-Classic)
FootmanWIP.PNG

I am making this footman using the Reforged footman as reference, I am not sure when will I upload this as I am not sure if this will be the final look. The base model for this is my high elf swordsman but I am thinking of doing it too in the original footman model. :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 34
New Model WIP - Footman (Re-Classic)
View attachment 396104
I am making this footman using the Reforged footman as reference, I am not sure when will I upload this as I am not sure if this will be the final look. The base model for this is my high elf swordsman but I am thinking of doing it too in the original footman model. :thumbs_up:
I m a simple man, I see a footman model I like it

Level 13
Hello there johnwar, you're doing pretty sweet stuff with your edits :)

I'm writing here to ask you for permission to do a small amount of modifications on your Elf Runner model, like giving it a weapon and maybe remove its scroll, is that alright with you?

Eventually I might also turn some of your Troll models into Forest Trolls so I might as well ask for your permission to also do that if you don't mind.

Btw, I wanted to tell you I've been looking at your Black Legion models for a while and I might use them in a thing of mine someday but I feel like some of them have way too little Team Color, Soldier and Lieutenant in here suffer a bit from it but the best example of this would be the units in the Black Legion Infantry pack, I feel like what little team color they have could be very difficult to spot when there's a lot of units onscreen, if you feel like adding some teamcolor to at least their shoulderpads it would be great, otherwise I might need to ask you for permission to modify those as well.

Level 58
Hello there johnwar, you're doing pretty sweet stuff with your edits :)

I'm writing here to ask you for permission to do a small amount of modifications on your Elf Runner model, like giving it a weapon and maybe remove its scroll, is that alright with you?

Eventually I might also turn some of your Troll models into Forest Trolls so I might as well ask for your permission to also do that if you don't mind.

Btw, I wanted to tell you I've been looking at your Black Legion models for a while and I might use them in a thing of mine someday but I feel like some of them have way too little Team Color, Soldier and Lieutenant in here suffer a bit from it but the best example of this would be the units in the Black Legion Infantry pack, I feel like what little team color they have could be very difficult to spot when there's a lot of units onscreen, if you feel like adding some teamcolor to at least their shoulderpads it would be great, otherwise I might need to ask you for permission to modify those as well.
Thanks, sure you can edit my models, everyone can edit them.
You can also edit my Black Legion models as I don't plan changing their teamcolor. :smile:

Level 58
New Model - Black Legion Triumvirate (The Ironfist Triumvirate)
Captain Herdon
Lieutenant Tormin
Sir Ferdal
Lieutenant Claire
CaptainHerdon.PNG
LieutenantTormin.PNG
SirFerdal.PNG
LieutenantClaire.PNG
The leader of the trio and interested in nature magic. Equipped with dark armor, black mace, and shield.The duelist in the trio. Equipped with dark armor, dual sword, and shield on the back.The tank in the trio. Equipped with dark armor, axe, and a big tower shield.Not part of the triumvirate. She is a lieutenant of Thanok and an Elite. Equipped with dark armor, sword, and shield.
Model Link: Black Legion Triumvirate