1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Jedi Arena v2.0f+

Submitted by Conlan
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Jedi Arena is a highly-customized Warcraft III map where Players choose one of the 3 Jedi or Sith classes -each with a unique play style and special force powers- and fight against each other in a fully-custom gameplay with manual actions, and in one of the 3 different game modes.

Game Features:

--Highly-customized manual -yet easy- attack system, block system and a jump system, with custom attack and block sounds,
--3 Different modes, providing different gameplay experiences; Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag,
--3 Classes with both Jedi and Sith versions with their own character models, each class with 4 unique force powers/abilities, with their own combos and play styles,
--8 Lightsaber colors to choose from,
--7 Lightsaber Crystals, each with their own unique enchantments and special effects,
--A Kill Spree system with custom sounds,
--Kill Bounties are proportional with choosen Points Goal (which is required to achieve victory), making the game even more balanced,
--A Star Wars music,
--An advanced multiboard,
--Random weather effects,
--A game experience which requires pure skill instead of luck or auto-attacking.

---Map is protected---

Update v2.0e+ - v2.0f+
-------------------
-Fixed a bug about determining the host.

Update v2.0d+ - v2.0e+
-------------------
-Heroes no longer flee automatically when attacked.

Update v2.0c+ - v2.0d+
-------------------
-Backpack and Utility Belt now shows on character when equipped (again).
-Force Push now 'pushes' faster.
-Fixed a minor issue with ".camlock" command at the end of game.

Update v2.0b+ - v2.0c+
-------------------
-Fixed a bug with ".fixedweather" command.
-Added a new command ".camlock" to lock camera on hero.
-Removed the capes of Jedi Guardian/Sith Marauder and Jedi Sentinel/Sith Assassin since they don't have animations.
-Increased Stealth Field Generator cooldown.

Update v2.0+ - v2.0b+
-------------------
-Fixed a critical bug with Bondar Crystal when used Force Aim.

Update v2.0 - v2.0+
-------------------
-Added 5 new character models.
-Each Class now has a Sith version and each of it has it's own character model.
-Added 8 lightsaber colors. Players can now change their lightsaber colors at any time by pressing "F2".
-Added 2 new commands; ".fixedweather" and ".fixedcolor", described in Map Info menu.
-Backpack, utility belt and nightvision goggles are no longer displayed on character when equipped due to new models.
-Blue/Red Teams are now Jedi Order/Sith Order.
-Fixed a few major bugs.
-Improved loading screen.

Keywords:
star wars, jedi, sith, jedi arena, lightsaber, arena, hero arena, kotor, starwars, light side, dark side
Contents

Jedi Arena v2.0f+ (Map)

Reviews
12:16, 25th Aug 2008 Septimus: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/793979-post15.html
  1. Lillerinmuna

Lillerinmuna

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lock da Control

Please lock the unit selection for each player :p its simple gui functioon
    othervise very nice map good great job keep it going..

2. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry I dont get it. You mean, you want your Jedi to be always selected and cannot select another unit?

3. Lillerinmuna

Lillerinmuna

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Yeah i mean exatly dat, you know its hard when u wanna spam block and saber hit with hotkeys and you always accidentaly click on enemy hero and have to select hero again..

4. Darkstriker

Darkstriker

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love this map, the only problem is...I really have a hard time getting a good game going most noobs just leave because they don't bother to read the load screen.

-Can you please make it so the host selects match type? so I can pick Free For All, Team Deathmatch, CTF etc. instead of the match type being FFA/random?

-Please change Jedi/Sith Acolyte's moves. They can perma stun/hold and replenish even with max stats end game you cant survive, only when their replenish ult is on cooldown can you kill one.

5. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you. Currently the player with lowest number chooses game modes. So if you host it and you are Red (Red is player no 1), you choose the game modes (this fixed on 2.0f+).
    I'll check that perma stun matter...

6. Darkstriker

Darkstriker

Resources:
    Resources:
    What I ment was the acolyte can attack, force push you, attack again, choke you, attack, replenish, and then repeat the whole thing. Acolyte doesn't have any bugs.

Just a few suggestions 50% of the leavers say that it's pretty boring (they also coincidentaly suck) so I was thinking can you make bosses spawn in the center of the map? maybe Dartk Vader, Luke Skywalker, and Yoda. Those could make it more exciting, maybe even change the soundtrack? and add an effect to (R) attack. Like instead of just swinging the blade have the light trail after it, so it'll look cool. Planetarian in Torment Arena has this kind of effect. Lastly the other half of the leavers say the fighting system is stupid and just leave, if you made a intro cutscene showing a quick 30 second fight that also teaches the controls it'd really help.

7. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I may balance Acolyte/Consular.

If people say the attack system is not good, then probably I'm not succesful enough. But if they say it's STUPID, then I'll say nothing but don't play it and show some respect.
    That attack effect needs model editing, and I can't do that sorry.
    I also dont know about cinematics editing.

Thanks for your comment.

8. duke-zip

duke-zip

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really like the current version. Yeah there are some people that come into game and say "this is stuipd" cuz they expect a regular arena. But most people notice the quality. The only thing i dont enjoy much on v2.0f+ is the force Jedi has too much disables. The dmg is okay, but it also stuns you for a very long time, and has 2 stunning moves they can use back to back. I think Force push should only push you back but not stun u, maybe if u hit a wall it should stun. And force grip i am not sure, maybe it should just not alllow u to move for a little bit, but still block and attack.

Great job i play this very often :)

9. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you again :). I stopped mapmaking a long time ago... However, If you say force jedi (Jedi Consular/Sith Acolyte) is too imbalanced, i may work on numbers...

I even stopped Unholy Invasion and Torment Arena, even both maps were about to finish (95%-97%). Unholy Invasion caused a stupid bug while Torment Arena caused no problems. I just tired. But hope i'll finish them someday.

10. duke-zip

duke-zip

Resources:
    Resources:
    Aww, this makes me so sad!! You are my favorite mapmaker because you are someone i actually can talk to and that i sort of know D:. Your maps are so fun too and have much potentail xD. ^_^. But i understand, mapmaking can be frustrating and tiring, i have spent a few hours in the map maker and i can not even get the will to finish a map, barely start D:. Hey are you planning to go into map making for Starcraft 2? That would be incredible ^___^

11. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Of course duke-zip! I'm waiting for SC2 and it's powerful engine to make some better maps. No doubt i'll spend countless hours with it.

By the way, i have changed my mind and started working on Torment Arena a few days ago and it's about to be released, hope you'll like. It will be a major update.
    About Jedi Arena, i dont see anything to work on this map. Is there a new feature is necessary? Or is there a balance problem?

12. duke-zip

duke-zip

Resources:
    Resources:
    i don't know, it's just that the speed/strength jedi (sorry i am bad with names) require SKILL, but the force jedi is very easy to pick up and kill people with :(. The move picks them up and does a lot of damage and requires no aim, then stuns them, and then they can do a force push right after, which does a lot of dmg between those moves. Then since force push stuns they can get a free hit on you, its really cheap ^^+. If there were some harder aim to it it would be better but i still think they give too much stun, imagine in capture the flag! But i am pleased with the map and dont see any need to go back to editing it until you have a lot of time. And i will be sure to try Torment new version and so glad you decided not to quit!!! :D

13. Crios

Crios

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice map but it really could use some AI

14. rover2341

rover2341

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It was ok, I felt it was a little to slow. perhaps cool downs, change 30% less is my suggestion.

15. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    you should make a jedi academy map!
    i'm going to try it!

16. S11

S11

Resources:
    Resources:
    this had a fatal error when i tryed to play it

17. doomcaptin