1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Jedi Arena v2.0f+

Submitted by Conlan
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Jedi Arena is a highly-customized Warcraft III map where Players choose one of the 3 Jedi or Sith classes -each with a unique play style and special force powers- and fight against each other in a fully-custom gameplay with manual actions, and in one of the 3 different game modes.

Game Features:

--Highly-customized manual -yet easy- attack system, block system and a jump system, with custom attack and block sounds,
--3 Different modes, providing different gameplay experiences; Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag,
--3 Classes with both Jedi and Sith versions with their own character models, each class with 4 unique force powers/abilities, with their own combos and play styles,
--8 Lightsaber colors to choose from,
--7 Lightsaber Crystals, each with their own unique enchantments and special effects,
--A Kill Spree system with custom sounds,
--Kill Bounties are proportional with choosen Points Goal (which is required to achieve victory), making the game even more balanced,
--A Star Wars music,
--An advanced multiboard,
--Random weather effects,
--A game experience which requires pure skill instead of luck or auto-attacking.

---Map is protected---

Update v2.0e+ - v2.0f+
-------------------
-Fixed a bug about determining the host.

Update v2.0d+ - v2.0e+
-------------------
-Heroes no longer flee automatically when attacked.

Update v2.0c+ - v2.0d+
-------------------
-Backpack and Utility Belt now shows on character when equipped (again).
-Force Push now 'pushes' faster.
-Fixed a minor issue with ".camlock" command at the end of game.

Update v2.0b+ - v2.0c+
-------------------
-Fixed a bug with ".fixedweather" command.
-Added a new command ".camlock" to lock camera on hero.
-Removed the capes of Jedi Guardian/Sith Marauder and Jedi Sentinel/Sith Assassin since they don't have animations.
-Increased Stealth Field Generator cooldown.

Update v2.0+ - v2.0b+
-------------------
-Fixed a critical bug with Bondar Crystal when used Force Aim.

Update v2.0 - v2.0+
-------------------
-Added 5 new character models.
-Each Class now has a Sith version and each of it has it's own character model.
-Added 8 lightsaber colors. Players can now change their lightsaber colors at any time by pressing "F2".
-Added 2 new commands; ".fixedweather" and ".fixedcolor", described in Map Info menu.
-Backpack, utility belt and nightvision goggles are no longer displayed on character when equipped due to new models.
-Blue/Red Teams are now Jedi Order/Sith Order.
-Fixed a few major bugs.
-Improved loading screen.

Keywords:
star wars, jedi, sith, jedi arena, lightsaber, arena, hero arena, kotor, starwars, light side, dark side
Contents

Jedi Arena v2.0f+ (Map)

Reviews
12:16, 25th Aug 2008 Septimus: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/793979-post15.html
  1. 12:16, 25th Aug 2008
    Septimus:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/793979-post15.html

2. flames07

flames07

Resources:
    Resources:
    :fp::ugly: Great game needs a little work to make it more fast past and the heros are all same model so it was a little odd there but overal good game mybe add music or chang model for some to mybe darthvader and add more heros it was good game though.

3. duke-zip

duke-zip

Resources:
    Resources:
    OK reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally good map but ONE MAJOR HUGE FRIKING PROBLEM.

THE FPS!@? WTH!? It lags like a @#$@#. Lag lag lag. As the game progresses it gets laggier and laggier, it started off fine. I asked the others they said it was laggy too, and no way is my comp bad enough for any w3 map to lag like that.

But from what i see (once that is fixed), gameplay is awesome, great manual attack style. I would like you to change the hotkey though, H is a horrible hotkey since its so far, make it like Z or something towards the left, and make all the other hotkeys around the same area. But really if u fix the lag instant 5/5. Until then it is unplayable

4. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm really sorry. The manual attack system 'which is actually casts ''shochwave'' when unit ''holds position''- lags after a while as i see (I really dont know why). But I know how to fix that but I won't be here for about 15 days. When I came, I will immediately fix that and release 1.1. I've also change hotkeys, but I won't change jedi models, since it's the only model that is really cool and that has a lot of realistic animations (also I don' think it is a problem).

5. duke-zip

duke-zip

Resources:
    Resources:
    I liked the models and just how the color switches. Yea i look forward to the next version, too bad your leaving :[. Hope you see my other comment before you leave ^^

6. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've just bored of discos, bars, english tourists =P so I'm back to my home. I'm gonna fix the lag problem, remake the hotkeys and make some improvements on attack system (like critical hits). Just wait for a day

7. duke-zip

duke-zip

Resources:
    Resources:
    i LOOOOVED it! So much fun, im not too sure about items though :X. They arent that cool, like the stats, nothing special, you know? Maybe add custom model gear like u did for Unholy invasion :p but that doesnt matter. It also takes a little while to get gold, kills dont effect your lvls, do you get extra gold for kills?

8. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you duke. Well I may add new items for future versions. I'm currently working on 1.2, and I think I'm gonna release it in a few hours (two updates in two days =P). I've slightly increased the gold bounties.

9. duke-zip

duke-zip

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just played CTF in version 1.2. I liked it, everyone else liked it, was fun ^^. I think the Gaurdian Jedi might be a little overpowered... even though i haven't tried any other jedis. But i can tell from other abilities gaurdian is pretty strong. I dont think u should weaken the gaurdian, but change/upgrade other jedis. Other than that, just waiting for some newer items :)

10. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Currently working on new items and balance fixes. And fixed an issue. (I'll release 1.3 today, it's almost completed.)

11. Foopad

Foopad

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Fair map I guess, not entirely what I had in mind :D.
    This map has potential, I have not tried the latest version yet.
    Add some items and then it's really up to the gameplay for it to be good.
    Nice map, good effort. I hope you succed with this map, for it is nice as a minigame or so.

12. duke-zip

duke-zip

Resources:
    Resources:
    Evasion sounds kinda wierd, i'm not much of a fan for that :p (though i haven't tried it). Belt + goggles display cool gonna try xD.

Ok I just tried it. For CTF i found there to be wayyy too many stuns, it was so hard to cap the flag even when it was 5v3. Along with slows it just makes it too hard, since u can't even use buffs while running the flag. I also found a glitch (i think), u can't hold/return the flag when ur inventory is full, at least with my utility belt. I can't judge the new evade yet, i have to play a deathmatch first.

If the evade doesn't work out, i suggest using a manual dodge. Like in archery tactics, u use poof and cant be hit for x seconds. But i kind of see evade working since its mostly stat based

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  13. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your comment duke. I'll be working on these problems.

14. TrOiA

TrOiA

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good Map

15. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Review
    Notice & Contact
    This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
    If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this [​IMG]Visitor Message.

Map Review
    1) Terrain - Good (4)
    2) Trigger -
    3) Minor Error - Excellent (5)
    4) Major Error -
    5) Replay Value - Good (4)
    6) Fun factor/gameplay - Good (4)
    7) Use of imported material - Excellent (5)
    8) Single player - Average (3)
    9) AI support - Horrible (1)
    10) Camera -
    11) Originality - Good (4)
    12) File Size - Excellent (5)
    13) Internet/LAN Friendly -
    14) Balancing -
    15) Packaging - Good (4)
    16) Credits - Excellent (5)
    17) Storyline -
    18) Theme - Excellent (5)
    19) Protection - Average (3)
    20) Quality - Good (4)
    21) Description/Information/Detail - Good (4)
    22) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Excellent (5)
    23) Game Mode - Excellent (5)
    24) Function - Excellent (5)
    25) Unit Placement -

Total Accumulation Point : 75/90 * 100 + (0) (Review) = 83.33

[+] - Every hotkey working.
    [+] - Variety of game mode.
    [+] - Variety of function.
    [!] -
    [-] -

Review : Seems like it follow the rules of hiveworkshop right now with the statement of it being protected.

Also, please do not post the request at my pm. Post it at visitor message in the future.

This review is neutral, no point deduct or add.

Septimus Score System
    Awful: 1-10
    Unacceptable : 11-30
    Lacking : 31-49
    Useful : 50-69
    Recommend : 70-90
    Highly Recommend : 91-100
    Director Cut : 101-105
    Sub-Zero : 106+

Rating & Miscellaneous information
    Score - 83/100
    Rating - 4/5
    Condition - Good
    Status - Approve
    Review - 2

Reminder
    The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
    Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this [​IMG]Visitor Message.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  16. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No, it was laggy in 1.0, but i'll completely fixed that in 1.1. It is 100% lag free, I'm sure.

17. duke-zip

duke-zip

Resources:
    Resources:
    was great! I loved 1.6. Didn't really get to test out block as much as i wanted to, people kept running from me :p :p, lol. One guy even said i maphacked :\. Bad crowd, good map ^^, keep the good updates :). BTW maybe u should consider Block for Unholy invasion when u start working on it again. Will add a nice touch to the shields, since they have slow attacks (but then u would need to weaken the shields b/c they are already too powerful ^^)

18. Lillerinmuna

Lillerinmuna

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    cool

Cool map i love it... BUT... you could make some jump spell for these fighters, or jump-attack and charge or something (somehow make em move little more flexible) saber throw would be nice also, and lower Cooldown for the saber hit thingie plx :pP

like this: u can jump normally by just using the spell, but if you use saber hit spell while on air caster makes cool jump hit attack which uses blademasters attack slam animation infront of the landing area

saber throw goes like the guy just throws sword on some point and it goes there and then it comes back cause of the force powers of the caster

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  19. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Found a major bug (v1.6b), I will fix it tonight, sorry about that.