• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] JASS system for additional icons on-screen (e.g. additional Hero/Idle Worker icons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Is there any developed script which allows to create additional icons on the gameplay screen, similar to an additional Idle Worker icon, or an additional Hero Icons row on the right side of the screen?

Ideally, I am looking for a second Idle Worker icon, or at least a way to change the Idle Worker icon, based on the unit the player chooses.

Moreover, I would love if it is possible to create an icon which does not follow WC3's conventions—e.g. a non-interactive oval-shaped image on the top right of the screen.

For convenience you may want to look into using heroes and just detecting when they're selected. For example, Gaia's Retaliation uses this to handle the backpack and stuff. It also has the advantage that it can be selected via hotkeys (afaik).

DGUI is pretty good, but I haven't seen a *decent* implementation of it in-game besides Tukki's in Shadows of Everwood. It certainly isn't the easiest system to implement.

Level 14
For convenience you may want to look into using heroes and just detecting when they're selected. For example, Gaia's Retaliation uses this to handle the backpack and stuff. It also has the advantage that it can be selected via hotkeys (afaik).

DGUI is pretty good, but I haven't seen a *decent* implementation of it in-game besides Tukki's in Shadows of Everwood. It certainly isn't the easiest system to implement.

Problem is, I will be using an entirely different hero system; very towned down, with no "experience system" or additional stats. The hero icon will go in place of the Idle Worker icon.

Level 8
I just implement GUI System, that use d3d8 proxy dll:
RenderEdge

gWCjKJh.jpg

Last edited:
Level 14
Problem is, I will be using an entirely different hero system; very towned down, with no "experience system" or additional stats. The hero icon will go in place of the Idle Worker icon.

There is still the possibility to use PurgeAndFire's suggestion in a little bit enhanced version, if you got free hero slots that won't be used by following this: look at page 2 to 3. i think it does not work for mac users, but leandrotp and ALEXz407 and others found out how to place dummy abilities at hero button positions.

I actually use this to show up gameplay options upon selection of special "master" units in my current projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.