• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

jass spell import help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is some useful links. Also you need to follow the documentation:

Unleashes a static thunder bolt towards a target enemy unit, dealing moderate damage. Upon impact, the bolt unleashes several lightning bolts towards all directions dealing secondary damage to units in their wake.
-------
Requires the JNGP to compile
You need the dummy.mdx model included in if you don't have it!
If you don't have a universal dummy unit i suggest you copy mine! (e001)
-------
Unfortunately i've dissalowed the user to config some vital code because i thought it would be better not to mess it up.
-------
Copy the map code and paste it on your map
Create the spell based on channel ability
If you don't have a dummy then make one
Configure the script at the top (globals)
Enjoy
source

Level 14
The spell was coded in vJASS, so you need JNGP for it to work. You also need to make sure to save the map before testing it.

Here is some useful links. Also you need to follow the documentation:

Unleashes a static thunder bolt towards a target enemy unit, dealing moderate damage. Upon impact, the bolt unleashes several lightning bolts towards all directions dealing secondary damage to units in their wake.
-------
Requires the JNGP to compile
You need the dummy.mdx model included in if you don't have it!
If you don't have a universal dummy unit i suggest you copy mine! (e001)
-------
Unfortunately i've dissalowed the user to config some vital code because i thought it would be better not to mess it up.
-------
Copy the map code and paste it on your map
Create the spell based on channel ability
If you don't have a dummy then make one
Configure the script at the top (globals)
Enjoy
source

I already installed jass new gen pack 5d. And I'm using the "Newgen WE". Maybe mine is somehow broken?

Level 7
There is no "Disable RtC" button in my NewGen WE. There is however an "Enable Reinventing the Craft" option in the "Reinventing the Craft" menu, which should not be selected.

Level 14
Sorry. It's still not helping. However I noticed a new thing. I could test run the original map. But if I do anything to the original map like moving triggers in one folder, it becomes unloadable. Even if I returned the triggers into the original locations.

EDIT:
The error says "Missing requirement: optional (libraries cannot require scopes)"

Last edited:
Level 7
That behaviour is normal. The moment you change something, the editor remembers that the map was altered and when you try to test it, the editor tries saving the changes. Even if you then change it again back to how it was, the editor won't know that it is the same, it will only remember that the map was changed.

Based on the error message you are getting I would guess that you have an older version of JassHelper which does not support the optional keyword. Try updating it to the latest version.

Level 14
That behaviour is normal. The moment you change something, the editor remembers that the map was altered and when you try to test it, the editor tries saving the changes. Even if you then change it again back to how it was, the editor won't know that it is the same, it will only remember that the map was changed.

Based on the error message you are getting I would guess that you have an older version of JassHelper which does not support the optional keyword. Try updating it to the latest version.

It worked!!! Thank you very much. +Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.