• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JASS Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I need a program to help me with JASS, I'm interested in learning it and I have a code that I need help with. I hear that there is a program called vJass or something, but I absolutely hate the Jass NewGen Pack v5d, it has nothing to help me with JASS. I believe there was a program mentioned in Daelin's Jass tutorial, although it seems to no longer exist in the tools section.
So please, can someone give me a program? (Preferrably not something that operates inside WE like the Jass NG Pack, a seperate program.)

I've tried everything in Hive's tool section, Nothing there really helps at all.

Also, if anyone doesn't mind, please tell me whats wrong with this code:

JASS:
call IssueTargetOrder (Blood Mage 0001 <gen>, "thunderbolt", Tauren Chieftain 0000 <gen>)

Thunderbolt is for the Human Paladin's Storm Bolt ability, and the blood mage & chieftain are the two interacting units. Blood mage is firing the ability at tauren.

I believe the tool Daelin suggests is JASSCraft, if memory serves me correctly.

Download

However, it won't "teach" you JASS. It will just provide highlighting and some other nifty features, just basically an interface. The built-in TESH of NewGen is better since it supports vJASS. (but I still use JASSCraft a lot, just because it is quicker to open at times, and I generally just like it =D )

If you are looking to learn JASS, the best method would be to look around for a good JASS tutorial, I'm sure there are plenty around that will be enough to get you started off. The real time where you learn is mostly after testing functions and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.