• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Running vJass maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hey people
I'm using jass newgen pack v5d. With this program I can create and run jass maps without any errors but as soon I as make changes to a vjass map then it gets corrupted - even if I undo the change it stays corrupted. What do I need to do to run vjass maps without errors??

maybe u installed vjass but u use regullar WE....
be sure u run NewGen WE.exe and not World Editor.exe

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Seems like new gen itself isn't to blame then.

I can think of a few issues.

1. your WC3 is corrupted for whatever reason. If you're using a cracked WC3 this would make total sense. Of course it can be corrupted without being a crack.

2. Your OS is not supported, I am not sure if windows 8 is supported, same with linux and mac got issues in general. Try running in windows XP compatibility mode.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Thanks Super Good it worked after saving twice? Is that really the only way to run vJass?
Some times it works after saving once, some times after saving twice. I am not sure why it happens but I guess it really is the only way.

It might have something to do with the vJASS script compilation process not being written to the map first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.