• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

test map not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I was having similar problem... when trying to test the game just sent me to Wc3 main screen.

I updated my wacraft to 1.26a (used Version Switcher to play 1.24 if needed), and reinstalled JNPG with lass Jasshelper.

If there are errors, it's because there's something wrong in the code. Usually, when there's 1 error, it displays everything else as an error too. Maybe it's just an "endfuction" or "endif".

To test maps with JNPG you have to be sure that the map name on the top right screen of the editor doesn't display the name with an * at the end. Off course, enable Jasshelper.

Level 20
Yeah, Campaigns have some problems with Testing from the editor.

JNPG is able to run any map (that's not a campaign) by just saving before testing without having to open Wc3 and testing it from the game and not the editor. When you save the map, Jasshelper does it's magic (as long as it's active) and compiles everything to work as should. Try updating Warcraft to last version (1.26a) and make a fresh import of JNPG and last Jasshelper.

After that, enable Jasshelper (It's a tab in the NewGenWE) <- you have to use NewGen World editor, and not Common World Editor. And be sure to test already saved maps. If there's an '*' in the map name (top of the WE screen) means the map isn't saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.