• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Test AI" button not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Alright, so I have a little problem.
I decided to try to make an AI today, and after I was finished I pressed the "Test AI" button. No matter how many times I click it, nothing happens. Warcraft III doesn't open, theres no error message, nothing. It's just clicked (it goes down like the other buttons when clicked) and then nothing. If Warcraft III is running it says something like "Cannot open because Warcraft III is running. Please close Warcraft III before running.", which I know should happen if WCIII is running. Does anybody know why it doesn't do anything? I'm using JNPG, and Test Map gets the RtC_Enabled error, but I've decided to ignore that to prevent re-installation. Is it connected to the Test AI thing, even though theres no error message?

Alright, so I have a little problem.
I decided to try to make an AI today, and after I was finished I pressed the "Test AI" button. No matter how many times I click it, nothing happens. Warcraft III doesn't open, theres no error message, nothing. It's just clicked (it goes down like the other buttons when clicked) and then nothing. If Warcraft III is running it says something like "Cannot open because Warcraft III is running. Please close Warcraft III before running.", which I know should happen if WCIII is running. Does anybody know why it doesn't do anything? I'm using JNPG, and Test Map gets the RtC_Enabled error, but I've decided to ignore that to prevent re-installation. Is it connected to the Test AI thing, even though theres no error message?

It seems to be a bug with NewGen Editor, as I tested the AI of Booty Bay successfully in the normal editor but it failed to work in NewGen. Try opening it with the normal editor and then test it. (it should not have any syntax errors or anything like that so long as you didn't use any vJass)

Also, for the RtC_Enabled error, I know you don't want to reinstall, but it is quite easy with this link:
http://sc2modding.info/warcraft3/wc3-editing-tools/jass-new-generation-pack-(jngp)/

Everything is already updated for easy copy-and-paste downloading. I strongly recommend that you update JNGP because if you have the RtC error, it just becomes a big annoyance to always have to open wc3 and then test it in there. :( Just replace your old folder with this new one. (however, make sure you don't have any important files in the old newgen folder, and you may want to keep a copy of your "backups" folder in case you need a backup of one of your old maps)

Level 12
It seems to be a bug with NewGen Editor, as I tested the AI of Booty Bay successfully in the normal editor but it failed to work in NewGen. Try opening it with the normal editor and then test it. (it should not have any syntax errors or anything like that so long as you didn't use any vJass)

Also, for the RtC_Enabled error, I know you don't want to reinstall, but it is quite easy with this link:
http://sc2modding.info/warcraft3/wc3-editing-tools/jass-new-generation-pack-(jngp)/

Everything is already updated for easy copy-and-paste downloading. I strongly recommend that you update JNGP because if you have the RtC error, it just becomes a big annoyance to always have to open wc3 and then test it in there. :( Just replace your old folder with this new one. (however, make sure you don't have any important files in the old newgen folder, and you may want to keep a copy of your "backups" folder in case you need a backup of one of your old maps)

Alright, but I think my NewGen overrided my normal Editor. Also, since I mostly test multiplayer maps in multiplayer and make campaigns, the Test button really doesn't bother me much. I DID disable Reinventing the Craft when I installed it, not sure why it's enabled/disappeared

So, anyways. The AI Test Map Button doesn't work in JNPG, even without the RtC_Enabled errors then?

Status
Not open for further replies.