• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLB

GLB

Level 8
Morning everybody (it's 7 o'clock in my country ^^ )

I am seeking for some really good item ideas for my new map (for a capture the flag map. Perhaps this piece of information can be useful) I have already searched with the search fonction thingy but I found no thread about item ideas.

What I am looking for, is not standart item ideas like "+5 on all states", but some really crazy items. Personally I am not creative, therefor I need your help.

Level 15
Shard of Warped Reality - blink with random destination and rather large area of effect. useful to get away from a stronger enemy and possibly allows to get straight to your base... if you are lucky ofc =)

Crown of the Conqueror - adds +6 to all stats (since seem to dislike the '+5' variant) =DDDD

Sword of Holy Slaughter - each kill resurrects an ally (i suppose there will be trash? if not, it may be chance to resurrect an allied hero). active ability - 10% chance to instantly kill target unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: GLB
Level 10
I've posted these in another thread.

Im using my other items for these new ones;

I got some item ideas:

Mighty Hammer

Gives 10 str.

Wooden Sheild

Gives 100 hp and 2 armor.

Guantels of Strength

(Just an ordinary Guantels of Strenght.

Iron Sheild

Gives 5 armor and 15% chance to block 30 dmg

Helmet

Gives 10 armor and 5% chance to block 15 damage

Thors Hammer

Gives: 10% chance to bash, 10 str and 200 hp.

Requieres:

Mighty Hammer
Wooden Shield
Guantels of Strenght

Loki's Helmet

Gives:
10 hp reg
20% chance to block 30 damage
5 armor

Requires:
Helmet
Iron Sheild

Grave_Digger_ would be just fine :wink: Btw, you forgot to rep =/

I've got some more!

Ghoul Claws
Gives 10+dmg

Sobi mask
(just an ordinary sobi mask)

Furions Wand
Gives you +10 int.

Runners Stick

Gives you 10+ attack speed, 5 agility

Glove of Rah

Gives 10 + int, Sunray (ability wich lights up a target area and also reavels invisible units inside the area), +25% mana reg

Requieres:

Sobi Mask
Furions wand

Blade of the unseen (I use this on one of my maps.)

Gives windwalk, 5 agi, 10% attack speed

Requieres:

Runners Stick
+(expensive recipe)

Deepseers Axe

Gives +5 agility, chance to rip (slows it down, like slowpoison or something) and 15 str.

Requiers
Mighty Hammer (see in my first post)
Runners Stick

Glaive of Elune

Gives 1 bounce att attacks (only range), 15% mana reg and 10 dmg

Requiers
Sobi mask
Ghoul Claws

Gloves of Haste

Gives 15% attack speed

Slippers of Agility

(a normal one)

Azsharas Wand

Gives:
15 int
Míav (Passive spell that performs a knockback)
10 dmg

Requiers:
Ghoul Claws
Gauntles of Strenght
Furions Wand

Elven Leaf

Gives:
10 dmg
15 agi

Requieres:
Runners Stick
Ghoul Claw

High Elf Branch

Gives:
10 dmg
25 agi
20% attack speed

Requieres:
Elven Leaf
Gloves of Haste
Slippers of agility

Braclet

Gives:
250 hp
10 armor

Requieres:
Wooden Shield
Mighty Hammer

Pandaren Knuckler

Gives:
10 damage
5 agi
5 str
5% attackspeed

Requieres:
Guantels of Strenght
Ghoul Claws
Recipe (750 gold)

Level 8
Weak Items

Eye Staff

Gives bonus 6 attack damage, when used a Spirit Eye will spawn on the target location (Sentry Ward).

Magic Root

Gives +3 attack damage, +1 to all stats and the ability to summon a Ent to aid the caster for XX seconds.

Sharp Sword

Gives +11 attack damage and a 6% chance on a attack to do bonus 35 damage.

Grunt's Axe

Gives bonus 4 damage and 1 armor. Also gives a 9% chance to deal 115% of base damage.

Silver Sharp Coin

Throws the Silver Sharp Coin on the target enemy unit, dealing XXX damage and stunning it.

Hourclass of Time

Completely stops the caster from moving, casting and attacking but burns nearby enemy units mana by 90. Time stop lasts for 2.5 seconds.

Champions Trinket

Increases attack speed by 5%, movement speed by 5%, attack damage by 5% and has a 20% crit chance on 105%.

Good Items
Dreadshard

Increases Intilligence by 17, and when used, it burns 60 mana of ALL units, including enemy.

Converter Staff

Increase intilligence by 12 and strength by 5. When used, every units near the caster will lose 50% movement speed but have 50% increased attack speed for 10 seconds.

Waterstaff

Increase agility by 5 and intilligence by 15. When used, a waterwave will strike forward, dealing 90 damage to all it hits.

Transformer

When used, the caster will transform into some unattackable, for 5 seconds and regenerate XXX hit points.

Hidden Power

A huge explosion will blast in the possition of the caster, the blast deals 100 - 250 damage but stuns the caster for 2 seconds.

Fiery Gloves

Increases attack speed by 35% and movement speed by -70% when used, also adds 5 damage while the effect is on.

Ghost Sword

A sword that cuts through the enemies soul directly, this sword dont give any bonus attack damage but has a 10% chance on attack to regenerate the carriers hit points by XXX and make the enemy miss on next 2 attacks.

Holy Will

Increases hit points by 200 and mana points by 100, also damages all undead units by 10 every 10th second.

Badass Items

Bloodsworn Heartseeker

Increases attack damage by 15 and gives a 11% chance on a attack to deal bonus 40 damage, but this effect stuns the equiper for 0.25 second.

Dark Crusher

Increases all stats by 4 and damage by 7, also every time the equiper attacks, he will be healed by XX and the enemy will lose XX mana.

Revenge

Increases attack damage by 30, but will drain XX mana every second, this also gives 17% chance to do 125% more damage.

Soulreaper

Provides +9 Intilligence and +3 Agility, when used, every enemy unit near the caster will lose XXX hit points and will be given to the equiper.

Destruction

Gives +60 to attack damage but -30% attack speed. Also gives 11% chance on attacks to Destroy (Pulverise) every nearby enemy and friendly unit, dealing XX damage to them.

Netherbane

Gives +15 damage, and can switch locations with a friendly or enemy unit. When switched, the caster will have +20 attack damage over 6 seconds.

Doomrazor

Gives +15 to strength, +4 to agility, +2 to Intilligence and +6 attack damage. When used, every nearby enemy unit will take 20% extra damage over 14 seconds.

Fiery Will

Gives +12 damage and makes your attacks do 10 damage per second over 5 seconds on the target enemy unit (does not stack).

Hunters Blade

Gives +22 attack damage and +15 agility. Also has a special ability to slow target enemy units movement speed by XX% over XX seconds (Based on Slow).

Demonic Shard

The Demonic Shard is a Unique Rare item that gives +30 to all stats, also when used, the Demonic Shard will pick a random hero on the map, friend or enemy and deal XXX damage to it.

Fool's Will

Gives +1 to all stats and when used, it gives -100 to +100% bonus attack and movement speed over 10 seconds.

Angry Dread

Gives +15 damage and +10 intilligence, has a special effect when being attacked, attackers will take XX damage and be slowed by XX%.

Soulstealer

Gives bonus 11 to Intilligence, also can be used to trap souls. Trapping souls results the victim to be unable to do anything for 3 seconds (Triggered Pause).

Breathtaker

Gives +5 intilligence and has a special ability.
Stops the target enemy unit from taking breaths, this will deal XX damage per second over XX seconds.

Unholy Shield

Gives +10 armor and reduces all damage taken by 9, also every unit will take 5% of the damage they dealt, back the themselfs.

Unholy Sword

Gives +15 attack damage, if the target unit dies by the Unholy Sword, a Soul (Shade or Ghost model) will come and fight for the Caster for XX seconds (Black Orb effect).

Wishbreaker

Gives +2 to all stats, has a very Unique Rare Ability.
Pauses every hero on map and heals the caster by 400 hit points and mana for 4 seconds.

Thats it for now =)

Last edited:

GLB

GLB

Level 8
Well, so far, thanks for all these good item ideas!

But I should have said that I need some good, strong, powerful (but not imbalanced) items. Some of your ideas are to weak, other good and other too imba. However, thanks for posting and helping me!!!
And by the way, you can download an old version of my map in my signature, if you want to. When I have finished all items, I will upload the final version on THW.

Crown of the Conqueror - adds +6 to all stats (since seem to dislike the '+5' variant) =DDDD
hahaha lol not bad!

Sword of Holy Slaughter - each kill resurrects an ally (i suppose there will be trash? if not, it may be chance to resurrect an allied hero). active ability - 10% chance to instantly kill target unit.
that's a bit imba, isn't it?

Dreadshard
Increases Intilligence by 17, and when used, it burns 60 mana of ALL units, including enemy.
I like this idea! I don't have enough mana burning items, so this would be useful in my map!

Dark Crusher
Increases all stats by 4 and damage by 7, also every time the equiper attacks, he will be healed by XX and the enemy will lose XX mana.

Not bad at all!
Here an item I invented my-self.
Orb of Dark Energy
Increases intelligence by 30. Each time the hero kills an enemy unit, energy is stored in the orb. When using the orb, the hero can deal X damage to all enemy units within target area, where X is amount of stored energy * 2.
(don't worry, each orb of dark energy carried by the hero has its own stored energy coutner...)
What do you think about this?

Level 15
Warsong Battle Standart (or whatever faction you want) - increases health by 500. Use: increases your health by 100 and armour by 2 for 30 seconds. (rather long CD - like 5-7 mins) as a special effect creates a fake flag, identical to enemy's on the hero (mainly a distraction tool)

Dem Booterang deals XXX damage to the target and continues to hit X more targets (aka chain lightning). each strike has a 5% chance to make target drop the flag, if target has it. Also, each strike has a 25% chance to stun its target for 1 second.
Dis be an astaundin' wepon, mon.

Last edited:
Level 8
Well, now i know what kind of effects you want on your items =)

Im glad you liked them, will update it if i have time.

And i think that idea is pretty cool =P Keep up!

EDIT: Can you show me one of the "Bad" items?

Level 9
Dark Staff Of Epic N00B Pwning(must be spelled that way)
gives 100000000 Agility, 100000000 Strength, 100000000 Intellect and 10000000000 extra damage 100000000 armor and a hp reg on 5000 (requirements have less than 1 kill when you buy it costs 0 gold/0 lumber)

okay now to the serious stuff
Feet Of Death(restricted to caster classes(magic classes)) gives a chance to summon a dark elemental which can cast a spell that gives a debuff that slows the enemy by 100% (lasts 1 sec) then it have a spell that is like slow maybe with more slow speed or less slow speed(this willl be used to slow the enemy so they cant reach the flag as fast/the caster)

Staff Of Confusion: restricted to caster classes again this will have 5% chance to teleport out to the place of nowhere(somewhere they can run back) this can only occur every 5 min and gives a -5 int to the wearer

Dagger Of Mortuus: Gives a + 10 to damage, + 5 agility, + 2 Strength and when used increases movement speed by a 100% (only usable by rogue like classes) i have more just to lazy to write em atm

GLB

GLB

Level 8
First of all, thank you all for your great ideas! I just wanted to say, that in my map there are "ranks". Not classes actually. Killing enemy units or heroes, capturing the flag, destroying buildings etc. increase your rank. There are 5 of them: Private, Corporal, Sergeant, Master Sergeant and Major. There some really stron items you can purchase just like that, but they require a minimum rank.

List of all item types in my map:
-normal items
(ex: Magic Wand - +75 mana)
-normal items requiring a certain minum rank
(ex: Necromancer Book - +10 int)
-merged items
(ex: Orb of Dark Engery - ...)
-set-items (set items always require at least the Master Sergeant Rank. They are always composed of thre diffirent items.)
(ex: Paladin's Suit of Armor - +400 lifepoints, +25 damage, Ability: each time your hero is attacked, there is a little 5% chance, that a healing wave jumps out of his wounds, healing him first and then jumping to other targets. Each Paladin's Suit of Armor carried by the hero increases the chance by 3%)

@Dark Fang: I already have some item like that

@Cyper95: Feet Of Death sorry but I already have an item like this in my map. the other items are useless in my map 'cause there are no classes. Though there are good ideas!

Warsong Battle Standart (or whatever faction you want) - increases health by 500. Use: increases your health by 100 and armour by 2 for 30 seconds. (rather long CD - like 5-7 mins) as a special effect creates a fake flag, identical to enemy's on the hero (mainly a distraction tool)
I like this idea, Trillium, though 5 or 7 mins is a bit too long for cooldown time.

Dem Booterang deals XXX damage to the target and continues to hit X more targets (aka chain lightning). each strike has a 5% chance to make target drop the flag, if target has it. Also, each strike has a 25% chance to stun its target for 1 second.
Dis be an astaundin' wepon, mon.
wow... this would be an uber item. When I find some well working damage source system, I think about creating this item.

At the moment, thank you all! There are some items I realy liked and I am looking forward to adding them in my map as you presented them or just bit modified.:thumbs_up:

Level 15
I like this idea, Trillium, though 5 or 7 mins is a bit too long for cooldown time.
perhaps. it needs a larger hp/armour bonus in fact - main idea is that enemy tries hard to kill empowered flag carrier only to discover that it wasnt flag carrier... but the ability must have CD long enough so it cannot be spammed

GLB

GLB

Level 8
I thought about something concerning your item, Trillium: You and your allies cannot pick up the own team's flag, since when picking the flag up, it is automatically move to the flag point. Either I trigger that you can pick up your own team's flag, but then you have to bring it back to base, or I will have to change your item's idea....

Level 15
i mean it looks like enemy flag... imagine WSG, when suddenly u see TWO enemy flag carriers with TWO your faction's flags... kinda confusing, eh? thats the point

GLB

GLB

Level 8
ah... now I got it! That's an awesome idea! Great! However, I uploaded my latest version of my map on THW. In the next version I will add your item! I didn't understand like that at all, but the way you say it, it sounds very useful!!!!

thanks man!

GLB

GLB

Level 8
Rowboat, I really love your item ideas, espacilly the hourglass of time and the holy thing that deals damage enemy undead units. I will try to add some of your items in my map. Thanks!!

Level 15
Defender of Honor - +500 hp. Use: deals 400 dmg per second to the caster and slows enemy flag carrier by 50%. channeled.
Our flag, our honor, cannot be stolen.

Level 9
Boots Of The Eagle:
gives the unit the ability to fly for 10 sec or increases speed by 150% for 5 sec

Gloves Of The Dark Dead: This will give the unit a lifesteal ability that will have 20% chance to occur (part of The Dark Dead set) and also 1 armor

Boots Of The Dark Dead: Increases speed of the wearer by 50% and give 10% for lifesteal to occur and also 1 armor

Sword Of The Dead: + 10 damage and 40% lifesteal chance(the lifesteals on the items will be 25% of the damage the wearer deals)

Chest Of The Dead: Gives + 5 armor 20% lifesteal

Helm Of The Dead: this improves armor by 2, damage by 5, all stats by 2.

Set Of The Dead: Gives a 100% to lifesteal 25% of wearers damage, + 15 damage, + 9 armor and 50% extra speed

Status
Not open for further replies.