• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Issas.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I am having problems with a rootkit called 'issas.exe' it is being recognized by my antivirus/antimalware products (kaspersky, avast, arovax antispyware, unhack me, ...) but it can't be deleted. i tried every solution i found on the internet, but nothing works.. the troyan already started overtaking my sistem... urgent reply is needed!

Level 19
How is "lssas.exe" or rootkit any different from regular viruses?
Shouldn't anti-virus and stuff remove those bastards? Mine(Bull Guard) works pretty well. When I bought mine I updated it and went straight to an virus filled site noticing that it protected me from all incoming bastards.

Level 15
i am not stupid, i can use google too >.> that did not help
My apologies, it was not my intention to put in doubt your intelligence, it's just that I've never had that kind of trojan and I considered that link could provide you with a good solution.

Next time I'll put something like... "Hi Lioness, I found this link, I hope it helps you with your issue."[/sarcasm]

Last edited:
Level 15
How about booting from a Knoppix or Ubuntu live CD, mounting your windows drives, and manually editing and removing the bad exe? You might even be able to run a Linux virus scanner like clamav to get rid of the offending files.

You could also try doing a recovery install from your windows XP disc (assuming you have one).

Level 18
How about booting from a Knoppix or Ubuntu live CD, mounting your windows drives, and manually editing and removing the bad exe? You might even be able to run a Linux virus scanner like clamav to get rid of the offending files.

You could also try doing a recovery install from your windows XP disc (assuming you have one).

Ubuntu solves all <3. Take Samuraid's advice, boot from a live cd and run clamAV.

Status
Not open for further replies.