• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Island Of Peredice

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Spoontoobig
Incredible island until they came and started two enemies wrangle.
No imports no custom spells/units and so on simple melee map
Here are six (6) gold mines for two players.
By the way created by me! (Soul-_-Huner)

Keywords:
Island Of Peredice, melee, Soul , Soul-_-Hunter, Ashenvale
Contents

Island Of Peredice (Map)

Reviews
12:34, 12th Jun 2010 Rui: Creeps have weird placements (a few camps) and wrong drops. Rejected.

M

12:34, 12th Jun 2010
Rui:
Creeps have weird placements (a few camps) and wrong drops. Rejected.

Level 2
Testing against an AI now, but judging by the description I'm not sure what to expect.

Just got finished playing:

Terrain: 7/10

To be honest, pretty much the entire map is flat besides the middle river - the edges of the map look like you made terrain out there too, but you set the Camera view further in than the Map boundaries, (it looks that way with the waterfall too, I could see a large part of it outside the map bounds)

Doodad/Environment: 8/10

Doodads placed well but not very many, leaving other areas of the map just bland pieces of hill-less terrain with only trees.

Creeps/Neutral Passive Buildings: 3/10

The creeps on each side of the map need to be symmetrical if you want it to be a melee map. Also, the neutral buildings should be the same areas on both sides ie. how on the right side its harder to get to the tavern than on the left side. Also the creep levels are very erratic, I started on the left base and right next to me there was a level 9 Stormreaver warlock? :/

Originality: 6/10

What can I say, a new map conception but however the "two bases with a river / gorge right down the middle" is a bit overdone in both blizzard and player made maps

Playability: 9/10

Its still a good map, just needs a few fixes. I could see myself playing it again.

Overall: 33/50

Not bad for a melee map but it could use some polishing. Voted for approval.

Last edited:
Level 8
well, havent time to throw an eye on this one - but I will someday. From the minimap it looks very simple - to simple I would say. There is no qlue in this map. You need something extraordinary. But I need to check the terrain and the creeps/drops and the path. To give a vote.

{EDIT}
And the name itself - Island Of Peredice - lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
well...imbalanced. Very bad creeps/drops - sometimes I was thinking like "is he joking?"
The terrain is not good at all. So I can only give 2/5 - its my cuz of those major imalance with the creeps and the drops. If you will fix the creeps (so that every player have same creeps and if you use the standart blizzard drop table) and fix the terrain (It actualy is rly very bad in the most parts) than I would give 3/5