• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Island Domination v0.90b

Reactions: GolluM_KoMe
16h47j6.jpg

Version Status: 0.90b
Suggest amount of players: 3v3+

What is this and how do i play?:
Island Domination is a hero arena type of map with control points, which can be played by up to 12 players.

Each player can pick a hero which has its own unique set of abilities and powers. The action is intense and will require strategic moves by your team. Prioritation and positioning is important in team fights. The main focus on the map lies within the control points. Both teams will attempt to capture all 4 control points and maintain them as they boost the amount of points the enemy team lose, when your team kills a hero. Capturing all of the control points will result in a powerstrangle, which causes the enemy team to lose points once the 60 second countdown timer runs out. Powerstrangle can be cancelled by neutralizing a control point. The number of points each team has can be seen on the top of the multiboard, once a team reaches 0 points... they lose.

In order increase one's chances of success in battle, buying the right items is essential. Killing creep camps will also give you additional gold, but there is also boss creep camps that drop powerfull Artifacts.

Screenshots:

Changelog:

-New Hero: Magus and Makrura
-New Hero: Ancient Protector (Defensive hero strength hero)
-New Hero: Mortar Team (Long range strength hero with high damage capability)

-New Item: Siphon Dagger (Borrows 135 mana from target unit for 9 seconds)

-Repick (costs 350 gold)

-Fixed Shop Vision

-Remade Ghostrunners Smoke Cloud spell.
-Added notification messages (boss camp, control points, death, panda merchant).

-Visual changes: Icons
-Balance changes: Annihilator, Items, etc.

-New Hero: Hell Leviathan

-Remade Headhunters Ensnare: Now it throws out a net towards target direction ensnaring the first unit it hits. The reason for changing this is to make Headhunter less right-click'ish and more interesting.
-Various visual changes
-Various balance changes

-Added a game timer, to prevent stalling of time, set at 45 minutes
-Added assist bounty to nearby allies

-Various visual changes
-Various bug fixes
-Various balance changes

Keywords:
hero arena, hero, arena, island, domination, island domination, islanddomination, heroarena, dunewalker, hydromancer, nudl9, evilnoodle, ruins, ruin,
Contents

Island Domination v0.90b (Map)

Reviews
23:44, 23rd Apr 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 5
Alright, thanks. Good to hear that it is a major update and am definitely looking forward to it. Any estimated time it will be ready?

Last edited:
Level 5
I usually do it from TGA to BLP with the wc3viewer, with settings 90% quality of compression.
I see.

So i'm looking at Voodoo Troll's Shrink spell. The movement speed decrease amount is currently, by %, 25/30/40/45/50. Should this be 25/30/35/40/45 so it scales equally each level?(I don't see any apparent reason it should skip larger than usual from level 2 to level 3 either.)

Would you be open to me revising some of the tooltips(hero stories, abilities, items etc)? There are errors here and there, in terms of grammar/spelling/consistency. I would be willing to review them if you think it will help. It definitely would be a long-term work in process, but I think the clarity revised tooltips brings would not only add to a more professional image of this game, but also help catch any unintended effects or errors.

Level 5
I'm really sorry for the late response; but here's the first tooltip revision. It is just one though, for you to gauge if this is helpful or not. If it is okay with you, I'll continue on with more heroes.

Rak Headshrinker, the Voodoo Troll.
Shrink
- Rak casts a shrinking spell on a target unit, reducing its size and fighting capabilities. Target unit's movement speed is decreased by 25%/30%/35%/40%/45%, attack speed by 10%/15%/20%/25%/30% and damage by 30%. Lasts 5 seconds.
(The movement speed decrease amount is currently, by %, 25/30/40/45/50. Should this be 25/30/35/40/45 so it scales equally by 5% each level? I changed it in the above tooltip. )

Serpent's March
- No problem with the core tooltip.
- Tooltip shortcut says its E. Should it be W?

Spirit Link
- Rak spiritually links 3 allied units together, dispersing the damage each unit takes among the other linked units. All units affected by Spirit Link will live longer, distributing 25%/25%/50%/50%/75% of the damage they take across the 2/3/3/4/4 other Spirit Linked units. Lasts 25 seconds.

Hoodoo Curse
- The Voodoo Troll creates a 250/375/500 HP Hoodoo Ward which binds itself to the target. If the ward takes any damage, the targeted unit will take equal damage. The Hoodoo Curse is removed if the target moves 2500/3000/3500 units away from the Hoodoo Ward. Lasts 15 seconds.

Level 5
Melkor the Desolator:

The Weakest Link
- The Death Knight directs a beam of damaging energy at an enemy unit, dealing 85/120/155/190/225 damage and then bouncing to additional nearby enemies. Each additional bounce increases it's damage by 45% and it can bounce up to 4 times.

Unholy Frenzy
- The Death Knight empowers a target unit with unholy energies, driving it into a maddened frenzy. The target unit gains 30%/45%/60%/75%/90% additional attack speed, but also loses 3/6/9/12/15 hit points per second. Lasts 20 seconds.

Blood Ritual
- By sacrificing 17% of his own maximum hit points, the Death Knight is able to bestow a target unit with 105/160/215/270/325 mana.

Dark Summoning
- After channeling a summoning spell for 5/4/3 seconds, the Death Knight is able to teleport a target friendly unit to himself.
----

Yunto Ragefire , Berserker:

Dash
The Berserker flies and strikes at a target point, dealing 60/100/140/180/220 damage to nearby enemy units and stunning them for 1.2/1.5/1.8/2.1/2.4.

Bladestorm
The Berserker swirls with intensive force, creating a destructive bladestorm around himself. He is rendered immune to magic for the duration and deals 65/80/95/110/125 damage per second to nearby enemy land units. Lasts 3 seconds.

Last Stand
The Berserker is able to direct the deficiency of health within target unit to further augment his own damage. He deals a maximum of 22/30/38/46/54 bonus damage based on how low in health the target unit is.

Berserk
By driving himself into a berserk mode, the Berserker significantly increases his fighting prowess. His attack damage is increased by 9/16/23, attack speed by 30%/40%/50%, and movement speed by 12%/18%/24%. Lasts 18 seconds.
----

Scaerj - Annihilator:

Ignite
Scaerj ignites a target unit, silencing it for the duration of the spell as well as amplifying physical attacks with 15%/20%/25%/30%/35% bonus magic damage. Lasts 5/6/7/8/9 seconds.

Wall of Flame (renamed)
Casting: Should be Target Area instead of Unit Target

The Annihilator summons a wall of flames perpendicular to himself at a target area that burns units that tread through for 15/25/35/45/55 damage per second for 6 seconds. The Wall of Flame lasts for 16 seconds.

Overheat
The Annihilator scorches with such vehemence that nearby enemy heroes are malevolently doused his heat, losing 2.00%/2.75%/3.50%/4.25%/5.00% of its maximum hit points in spell damage per second. Additionally, any units that die by Ignite will now explode and deal 85/130/175/220/265 damage to nearby units.

Scorching Flames (spelling correction)
While channeling, the Annihilator creates 3/5/7 waves of flames over 2/4/6 seconds that follow the target unit. Each flames deals 12/15/18 damage per second to nearby enemy units. Scorching Flames is ended if the target moves out of sight or range.
---

Mira Shadowsong, Hollow Ranger:

Split Shot
The Hollow Ranger fires a volley of 3/4/5/6/7 arrows that deal 135/190/245/300/355 damage to enemies.

Black Cloud
The Hollow Ranger generates a thick Black Cloud at a target area, enveloping Hollow Ranger with Invisibility while she is inside it. The fade time is 1.8/1.6/1.4/1.2/1.0 seconds. Lasts 20 seconds. The mana cost for this spell decreases each level.

Soul Devour
Every time a nearby enemy unit dies, the Hollow Ranger absorbs its soul to regain energy and vitality. Hero souls bestow 55/80/105/130/155 hit points and 35/50/65/80/95 mana. Normal souls bestow half of the hit points and mana Hero souls do. The radius of effect for Soul Devour is 900/1050/1200/1350/1500.

Shroud of Darkness
The Hollow Ranger produces a Shroud of Darkness around herself, severely incapacitating any enemy units that enter. Units that move through Shroud of Darkness are not only silenced, but also lose 20%/30%/40% attack speed and 40%/60^/80% movement speed for 4/5/6 seconds.
Lasts 20 seconds

Last edited:
Level 24
The Annihilator summons a wall of flames perpendicular to himself.
I am surprised you even managed to find such a descriptive word.
You dont happend to have English as native language by any chance?

The tooltips suggested are of great help btw.

edit:
Also just call out if you got an ideas for name changes, you seem to have a very broad english vocular language which could prove usefull. Sorta like how you suggested Flamewall into Wall of Flame, which makes it sound far more dramatic and more correct.

Level 5
Thanks for the compliments - I'll keep on trying my best.

Kaltor Bonesmasher - Bruteman Champion

Tremor
- Kaltor launches a wave of erupting dust a target, which deals 100/160/220/280/340 damage and stuns for 1.8/2.2/2.5/2.8/3.1 seconds upon impact.

Ground Slam
- The Brutemane Champion devastatingly slams the ground. The resulting force deals 80/110/150/190/230 damage to nearby enemy land units and knocks them backwards.
Knockback distance is increased per level.

Enrage
- Whenever the Brutemane Champion's hit points drops below 40%, he gains 10%/15%/20%/25%/30% movement speed and attack speed.

Immure
- Kaltor confines nearby enemy units within a circular wall of stones. Each stone has 130/240/350 hit points.
Lasts 8/10/12 seconds.
---

Ser'tak Bloodspear - Headhunter

Ensnare
Casting - should be point target instead of unit target?
- The Headhunter directs a net toward a target point that binds enemies units to the ground, preventing movement for 2.4/2.8/3.2/3.6/4.0 seconds.

Frenzy
- Galvanizes the Headhunter into a maddened battle frenzy, increasing his battle capabilities at the cost of his life. The Headhunter is able to attack 40%/50%/60%/70%/80% faster and move 15%/19%/23%/27%/31% faster, but takes 30%/40%/50%/60%/70% bonus damage.
Lasts 10 seconds.

Blazefire Spears
- The Headhunter boosts his spears with a bonus of 8/15/22/29/39 damage, at the cost of consuming mana with each Blazefire Spear.

Bloodthirst
I don't understand the exact specifics of this ability. What does "gains 10%/15%/20% amplifies damage dealt by 30%/50%/70%" mean?

Last edited:
Level 5
Akron Redblade - Ghostrunner

Vanish -> Phantom Walk
The Ghostrunner alters his physical state, transcending normal vision by becoming unbreakably invisible. He gains 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% attack speed and 5%/10%/15%/20%/25% movement speed for 7 seconds. Invisibility breaks after 4 seconds.

Ghostly Presence
The Ghostrunner summons a Ghost to to his bidding. The Ghost emits an aura that slows nearby enemy units and also have the ability to cast Persecute. Persecute sacrifices the ghost, but silences nearby enemies.

Backstab
Whenever the Ghostrunner attacks a target from a it's backside, he will deal 14/20/26/32/38 bonus damage.

Reaper Scythe -> Lacerate
The Ghostrunner is able to deeply lacerate into the target's body, applying an amplifying debuff. The Ghostrunner deals 25/35/45 bonus damage as well as inflicting 1.2/1.7/2.2 seconds of stun. Lacerate has a passive cooldown of 18 seconds after each attack.

Azael the Keeper - Hell Leviathan

Meteor Strike
Azael calls upon a Meteor from the sky to strike down a target area, after casting it 1.5 seconds. The Meteor deals 105/160/215/270/325 area damage and stuns for 1.00/1.25/1.50/1.75/2.00 seconds.

Extinguish
Azael casts a shield buff on target unit. The target unit gains 2/4/6/8/10 bonus armor, as well as a shield that silences nearby enemy casters and deals 12/16/20/24/28 damage per second to nearby enemy units.

Spell Tap
Whenever an enemy unit near Azael casts a spell, it suffers a damaging magical blast. The damage from the magical blast is 40%/60%/80%/100%/120% of the manacost from target unit's own casted spell that initiated Spell Tap.

Warp Sphere
Azael launches a Warp Sphere outwards toward a target position, teleporting himself once the Warp Sphere reaches it. Any enemy unit who passes through the Warp Sphere is dealt 100/180/250 damage. Range of teleport is 3000/4500/6000.

Finished the altar of darkness..sort of? :p
By the way, when is the new release coming out? It's been longer than a week! (no hurry though, just saying)

Level 24
Ensnare
Casting - should be point target instead of unit target?
- The Headhunter directs a net toward a target point that binds enemies units to the ground, preventing movement for 2.4/2.8/3.2/3.6/4.0 seconds.
Yeah thats a remaining error from when it used to be just a normal ensnare ability.

Bloodthirst
I don't understand the exact specifics of this ability. What does "gains 10%/15%/20% amplifies damage dealt by 30%/50%/70%" mean?
Ahaha i just noticed it as i were cleaning up the tooltips that it doesnt make any sense. Heres the fixed version: "Gives vision of target hero and gains 10%/15%/20% movespeed bonus and 30%/50%/70% amplified attack damage to target. If the Headhunter does not kill the target within 30 seconds he will die."

Oh and maybe i should have told you in advance, but i will remake the Chronokeeper's abilities a little so theres no need for you to take him yet. Actually i considered remaking Ghostrunner slightly too, im not really too satisfied with his current Ghostly Presence ability as it doesnt flow well with his other abilities.

Finished the altar of darkness..sort of? :p
By the way, when is the new release coming out? It's been longer than a week! (no hurry though, just saying)
Thanks for the help with darkness altar :D
The new release will probably take longer then expected, im progressing a bit slowly because theres more content i wish to add such as repick function and remake 3 of chronokeeper's abilities. The last of the 3 new heroes im going to introduce is causing me alot of troubles which has and is delaying me.

Level 5
Alright, well just let me know which heroes you end up changing. Once you do so, I will progress onto the other heroes. At the same time, I can also review the onces you already changed.

will back for the next release!

Last edited: