• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Domination

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Blood Raven

Domination

So what is this all about?

Domination is a strategy minigame. The aim, as usual, is to destroy the opposition, namely their main builder. To aid you in your plight you have:

The "Base" - Building one of these wil get you an extra 3 income. You need enough to support an army.

Barracks (or whatever the hell the plural is) - Used to train troops. Get as many as you need so you can sustain them. They have an Auto train feature. Only activate it if you have the income, otherwise it can be quite draining.

Towers - These do quite a lot of damage and are the only ranged unit in the game. They are fragile, however. A good tactic is to lure a small enemy force into a group of them.

Swordsmen - The basic and.. well.. only troop in the game. I decided to make the strategy based on how you control your units, not the kinds of units you get.

Walls - As the name says. Easy to build and are quite tough.

Builders - Expendable builders that can build and repair. Quite convenient, especially if you choose to bunker up your main guy. Be carefrul, they are fragile. You can task multiple builders to a single construction to speed it up.

A mysterious magical battery - Implemented to help break up turtling late game. You can instantly destroy a structure or unit at the cost of 1 mana. About 20 seconds into a game you start to slowly regenerate it, and you can hold a maximum of 10 shots.

Bugs and suggestions

To contact me you can send to [email protected], PM me on the forums or chat ingame to GoGoTauren@USwest. There are still likely bugs that will need fixing, and I will appreciate any reports.

I will not change the game style. Suggestions to augment the current one are fine, but if you don't like the game, want me to add more units, heroes, etc, you will be ignored.

Testing Sessions

Its hard to get enough people to play a proper match, so contact me (see above) and I can probably organize something.

I need some proper reviews! (see above if you would like to play)

Keywords:
Domination, Survive, Build, GoGoTauren
Contents

Domination (Map)

Reviews
09:40, 27th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Comment
Level 15
Looks interesting. I'll try it later..... but I probably never will xO ~ However, sexually attractive small mapsize will mean people will download it faster (and potentially stay in the game)... so I should try it.

Merh... I'll either edit or make a new post when I have tested it. Until then, see this thread within 365 days.

o_O, I'm tempted to play it and then spam towers and hope it works well.

I checked it, and heres my review:

Some triggers had minor leaks (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/complete-list-things-leak-126761/) and why is there a trigger that does nothing at all?
  • Remove from autobuild
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Stop
    • Actions
I found the gameplay bland and boring as well. There was only 1 type of fighter unit and 4 types of buildings, that is not much at all. And all you seem to try to do is mass as much swordsmen as you can to kill the other enemy. What I also don't like is that everyone shares the same income; why don't you make an income building to make it a little more fun as well as some more types of defense buildings and more types of fighter units? That will make it way more fun. I haven't got much to say about the terrain though, because it doesn't matter since its a minigame. Pretty much it looked like this game was made in half an hour =/.

Suggestions:
More types of fighter units (maybe even add heros), defense buildings and buildings.
Add a multiboard or leaderboard (it can have anything on it)
Add quests
Remove leaks
Merge some triggers using if/then/else functions
Add a minmap (attracts more people)
Put colour codes on your text

Overall: This map was made in a very short amount of time, maybe if you added more things to it to make it more fun and interesting, then it would be a good map, but right now, its not so good.

Level 8
Yeah those were a couple of bugs. Cut me some slack, the last update was done at midnight. People arent supposed to share income, that was a weird bug. There IS an income building, the base. As it says in-game. I personally dont care about the minor leaks, with a map this light you'd need to leave it running for a full day for the lag to build up.

Everyone that I played with recently actually found it quite fun. Simplicity is the beauty of the gameplay. It also involves microing and strategically building towers and walls. The whole description was trying to stress this.

I am definately not adding heroes, and ill avoid buildings and units if I can. Simplicity is the element here, and I, at least enjoy it. maybe the map just isnt for you.

Yeah those were a couple of bugs. Cut me some slack, the last update was done at midnight. People arent supposed to share income, that was a weird bug. There IS an income building, the base. As it says in-game. I personally dont care about the minor leaks, with a map this light you'd need to leave it running for a full day for the lag to build up.

Everyone that I played with recently actually found it quite fun. Simplicity is the beauty of the gameplay. It also involves microing and strategically building towers and walls. The whole description was trying to stress this.

I am definately not adding heroes, and ill avoid buildings and units if I can. Simplicity is the element here, and I, at least enjoy it. maybe the map just isnt for you.

Bases are the income? ;o That doesn't sound right. Very well, if you are going to avoid updating it then thats not my problem.

Level 8
OMG what the hell... so it did. I remember updating it a little while ago, must have bugged and wiped it -.-'

I am not rewriting that shit, at least not now... tired :vw_sleep:

EDIT: alrighty fixed desc. Lets hope hive doesnt delete it again -.-

Last edited:
Level 22
Review by Ironside
----------------------

Positive features:

- Has a quest menu

Negative features:

- You should add a leaderboard / multiboard
- Bad terrain
- Lacks more units, buildings
- Lacks some events to make the game more fun

Additional Information / Conclusion:

Very simple map that has 13 short triggers.

Rating: 1.5/5
Vote for:
Rejected