• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is this worthy of the hive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I am no modeler, but I made a geomerge which is cool-looking. Basically merges a rifleman with a footman head to make a footman rifleman. You can use a footman portrait for the portrait. The model also uses miseracord's assassin skin from his assassin model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/assassin-47551/?prev=search=assassin&d=list&r=20

The model looks nice and I thought of sharing it but the hive only accepts the best. Is this worthy of posting here or not?

171555-albums7696-picture93551.png

Level 18
It would be considered good in wc3sear.ch/Hive's very early years when just a few people knew how to geomerge. Now I'd say it's lacking, no offense. You need to customize it - new meshes, more fitting textures, wrap fixes (Blizzard were quite lazy with their own models - see how the chest and hands are not seamlessly connected?) and so on. It's a good idea, but right now it looks like a dwarf with a helm.

Level 12
But why do you use the Assassin skin? Aside from what NhazUl said, you should try to use your own skin/s as much as possible, and even so, in-game textures.

I used it because it looks better. I don't care any for skinning or modeling and I am just focused on getting functional and good looking models into my map. This one is as good as any of blizzard's models so there's no reason for me not to use it while I am using so many of blizzard's models. It's consistent with the warcraft theme, it has a portrait, all animations work fine, and it doesn't have too big a filesize.

Status
Not open for further replies.