• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New geoset from geomerge not showing in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello, I am not familiar with modelling and wanted to try and make a simple geomerge of a footman's head with a rifleman's body for my map. I only used Magos Warcraft 3 Model Editor. The final product works well in both the model editor and warcraft 3 viewer but when I import the model into an actual map the new footman head does not show; the rifleman's body runs around and shoots without any signs of a head.

Here are the steps that I took:

1) Opened the footman model and used the model editor to delete everything but the head.
2) Exported the head geoset and imported attaching to the head bone of the rifleman.
3) Using the model editor removed the rifleman's head and hood and moved the footman's head into position.
4) Set the texture for the footman head so that it would show.
5) Changed the geoset animation that referenced the old head to reference the new footman head geoset.

I also added the assassin skin by Miseracord to make the model look cooler. I was surprised when it didn't work ingame as it functions in the viewer and in the model editor. Is there a detail or a big thing that I missed? Or is a large part of my process simply backward? Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• RiflemanNew.mdx
    135.1 KB · Views: 83
Level 60
Hello, I am not familiar with modelling and wanted to try and make a simple geomerge of a footman's head with a rifleman's body for my map. I only used Magos Warcraft 3 Model Editor. The final product works well in both the model editor and warcraft 3 viewer but when I import the model into an actual map the new footman head does not show; the rifleman's body runs around and shoots without any signs of a head.

Here are the steps that I took:

1) Opened the footman model and used the model editor to delete everything but the head.
2) Exported the head geoset and imported attaching to the head bone of the rifleman.
3) Using the model editor removed the rifleman's head and hood and moved the footman's head into position.
4) Set the texture for the footman head so that it would show.
5) Changed the geoset animation that referenced the old head to reference the new footman head geoset.

I also added the assassin skin by Miseracord to make the model look cooler. I was surprised when it didn't work ingame as it functions in the viewer and in the model editor. Is there a detail or a big thing that I missed? Or is a large part of my process simply backward? Any help would be appreciated.

You attached the head to a "helper". You should have attached it to a "bone". Delete the head and reattach it to "Object04" instead of "Bone_Head".

Status
Not open for further replies.