• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug, geoset not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
There's nothing wrong with the head, and essentially there's no part you can't use as a head.

However, there's one major issue. The Head was assigned to a helper bone rather than an actual bone, which means it won't work and in some cases not even show up in-game.

I fixed it. Next time, you convert the .mdx file into an .mdl file, and check out the matrices of an object you've added, and assign it to the correct bone.

Finding the correct bone might be tricky, but if you search for "Head" (in this case), it'll show you the helper bone for head (in some models), remember it's objectID, then search for the appropriate bone that has the head helper bone's objectid as parent. Sound tricky? It's not, when you're used to it.

Here's the fixed model, it should work just fine in-game.

Good luck!

Attachments

• Rifleman2-Fixed.mdx
    116.9 KB · Views: 33
Level 6
this is not the problem. I have already tried that when I tested the model and it did not do anything.

+ your fixed version is even a corrupted model that crashes the WE^^

Will try to merge the skeleton mage head tomorrow. :>

All I did was change the matrice of the head.

I tested both my fixed version and the original model now, both crashes the game when trying to run the map.

I know that whenever I fool around too much with some models (most common is the Marine model) in Magos, it corrupts the model and causes the game to crash. Like making it thinner, and so on.

Edit: Odd typo

Last edited:
Level 6
Some models doesn't allow you to move around vertexes too much. It has something to do with negative extents or whatever.. I'm not all that into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.