• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there map copy created from World Editor 'Test Map'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I lost good amount of work because my power went off randomly, I was play testing a lot, so could I somehow recover last tested map from World Editor 'Test Map' ?

Level 9
This might not cheer up now, but for the future, there is an autosave system built-in. I've too lost a couple of times quite a lot when the Editor has suddenly crashed. Ever since I've gained the habit of saving the map before each time I test the map on top of the autosave. I even periodically copy my maps to OneDrive :D

I can't find it, whats the name of file + is it w3x?
Should be "WorldEditTestMap"

This reminds me of the times the power went off when i haven't saved my work or when my dad surprisingly came home and i had to cut off the power quickly and pretend to be studying. Damn! I miss the good old days :'(

My advice to you in the future is to backup your work regularly. Not only your Warcraft 3 projects but School projects and reports etc... :)

Level 5
Should be "WorldEditTestMap"

This reminds me of the times the power went off when i haven't saved my work or when my dad surprisingly came home and i had to cut off the power quickly and pretend to be studying. Damn! I miss the good old days :'(

My advice to you in the future is to backup your work regularly. Not only your Warcraft 3 projects but School projects and reports etc... :)
WorldEditTestMap is some random empty stuff :S, I guess I ll have to do everything over again :/
Thanks for help

Level 5
Have you found anything yet? I noticed that directory isnt always the same, and it can be checked from
file/preferences.

go there and check where your WeTestMap is saved and see if it is still there, perhaps?

I am playtesting only 1 map, WorldEditTestMap.w3x in my folder is just some 20kb map.
Tbh I just gave up and 'repaired' my lost progress, it was super annoying to repeat all things I made before but whats done is done.
I renamed test map name in preferences to 'MAP COPY' and its still nowhere to be found, would be nice to know for the future how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.