• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map recovery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I managed to click "Sign out" instead of "Lock" on my computer and my unsaved World editor changes was lost in the process. Earlier I have been able to locate saved test maps, but since I updated to a more recent version the test maps are saved as temporary files. Such a stupid fucking thing to change, but nothing I can do about it at this point other than whine.

Do any of you know if there is a way of recovering the temp maps that was deleted?

Level 13
If you use WEX or JNGP, JassHelper backs up your maps and stores them in a specific path.

WEX: "\WEX\profiles\Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)\plugins\JassHelper\backups"
JNGP: "\JNGP\backups" or "\JNGP\jasshelper\vexorian\backups"

I'm not sure if vanilla world editor does that, though - I'm talking about the ones which support JassHelper now.

EDIT: I just checked it out. Yes, it does. It's within "\Documents\Warcraft III\JassHelper\backups"

Status
Not open for further replies.