• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] is there a way to transfer all import data?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Either way, if you're like me and never use 3rd party tools, I usually just take screenshots or copy the file extensions into notepad.
It doesn't take more than 5 minutes to redo everything... unless you have thousands of DISBTN extensions or imported models for some reason.

Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
hrm i would need direction i have ladiks mpq editor but, i havent to slightest idea how to use that...

and the other issue is when transferring triggers some get turned off on the export and i don't know why.
They got turned off maybe because some of them use custom object data, you need to import all object data first before importing triggers else that happens, that's one thing to note for the next time :D

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
well its practically the same map, so object data should be the same
That's not the point. If you aren't using mpq editor then you have to import stuff into a new map with a specific order, for example, you shouldn't import triggers before importing object data, because when you do, all actions that use custom object data will be disabled on triggers because they don't exist.

Level 9
Yes that makes sense i have figured out that for some odd reason the triggers that effect the physical map, such as regions, and units on the map at the start of the game get disabled and just need to be re-enabled.

still could use help transferring all those imports and their file paths(1767)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.