• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is the fastest way to transfer map terrain to another map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
And i want to retain all object data, import data and trigger data of my map. (the one that im trasnferring to)

Well you can export all object data from the object editor, same goes for trigger editor and import manager.

File --> Export all object data (Object Editor)
File --> Export triggers (Trigger Editor)
File --> Export all files (Import manager)

But there is a probably an solution to extract all the map data with a 3rd party program. Casc viewer or such could be what you are looking for.

Unfortunately I have not used 3rd party programs to extract map data so this is all I got for you this time. :)

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
Open your map, zoom out, make sure Textures/Cliffs are deselected in the Terrain Palette, select from one corner of the map and drag your mouse across the entire terrain, press control + C (copy), open the other map, press control + P (paste) and line everything up.

For Units/Doodads you can press Control + A to select all of them and copy and paste them from one map to the other.

I imagine things will break if the copied Unit/Doodad data doesn't exist in the new map.

If the map is huge then you'll probably want to break it up into chunks.

Last edited:
Level 18
Use an mpq editor and copy war3map.w3e file (optionally war3map.doo for doodads and war3mapUnits.doo for units).

Status
Not open for further replies.