• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Basic Importing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey all,

I have a fully custom race in one map, and want to transfer it to another map. I would normally use the Export All Object Data and Import All Object Data features, but doing so would erase all custom data on the map I'm transferring the race to. Is there a way to transfer the entire race yet preserve the custom object data already existing in the second map?

Thanks,
Dawnhunter

Level 1
Thanks! Is there any other way to accomplish this with just the world editor, or do I need a third program?

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention: I'm using a MAC. Will JNGP work on a mac?

Sadly, JNGP doesn't work on a mac.

If you are on your Mac then the best option would be to copy the objects manually. The default editor only replaces the object files, it doesn't have the option to merge them. If there are more objects in the custom race map, then you should make a backup of the map you want to import to. Then, you can import the custom race map's objects, and manually copy over the objects from the backup. It is tedious, but at least you only have to do this once. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.