• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Same Map, different Tilesets/Terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello peoples, I'm working on a map designed to be played like a standard, just with new races, units, etc. and I was wondering... is there a way to transfer all the Object data to multiple maps without having to redo all the units/spells/buffs, etc.? Or make new maps starting with the same data still preserved? I'de like to have multiple maps, since it's a standard match style game.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, even a 'No' so I don't keep doubting myself on the issue! Thank you!

Level 5
I've done this before, and copy and paste was slow but worked out in the end for me.
I'd suggest that if you don't have too much data you want to transfer otherwise I believe there is a way you can switch the terrain using a program (check tools here or wc3campaigns) and then just make several copies of the map and run the program for them.

I don't think there's a way you could do it on your own but I'm not positive.

Level 11
Its called JassNewGenPack, under Extensions it comes with an 'Object data merge' option.
OR
If you want to completely overwrite the object editor data on one map with data from another map, Open the Object Editor module, click File -> Export/Import all Object data

Level 2
Its called JassNewGenPack, under Extensions it comes with an 'Object data merge' option.
OR
If you want to completely overwrite the object editor data on one map with data from another map, Open the Object Editor module, click File -> Export/Import all Object data

exactly what I wanted to know, thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.