• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Basing multiple spells off the same standard spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Long title says it all. Is there a way to base multiple spells off the same standard spell without it interfering with one another.

I need this for my map where there is a huge amount of spells to be purchased and used.

Thanks in advance, :wink:

Channel, Charge Gold and Lumber can have their unique id's altered, so that they stack. If you need multiple no-target abilities (e.g. Howl), you can use Channel skill, with Target type set to None (Instant), Options: Visible and Data - Base Order Id to anything, just keep in mind that each spell should have a different string there, to prevent collisions.

Level 26
Just to end what Pharaoh said:
help1c.png

My editor is in polish, however you need to change 1st field in "Text" part of given ability, and choose differend id.

Level 26
That seems to work, thanks alot ;)

Just a question however, is it normal that my character's actions ( spells and the icons for move, attack, patrol etc) dissapear for a brief second when using a spell?

If its ability that needs a cast point or target, yes the interface will be replaced, removing normal actions untill you choose target.

Status
Not open for further replies.