• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Two buffs of the same base spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Ok, I have two spells - one gives extra armor, another gives damage increase.
They are both based on Inner Fire.
Though the buffs, each spell uses are different, they do not stack and one of the mreplaces the other.

Is there a way to make them work at the same time?

Level 18
If you have two separate units and they both use an ability based off of Inner Fire (with separate buffs) then it will respond the following way:

The first cast will apply the correct buff. The second cast (from the second unit) will keep the ability's effects (even the buff special effect) but the buff icon will not be displayed. I use channel for most of my abilities anyways.

Does anybody know how specific this is with the base ability? If I use Frost Armor (Auto-cast) will it stack buff icons with the ability Frost Armor? There are lots of duplicate abilities that differ in name, are they all exclusive (in terms of their buff icons)?

Level 14
Essentially, if the spell has the exact same effects (but in different amounts) as another spell, their buffs will not both be applied.

For example, Frenzy and Bloodlust, while different spells, do exactly the same thing but have slightly different targets allowed/cooldown/whatever. Hence, they do not stack.

However, Poison and Slow Poison do stack, as they have different effects - One can slow, the other cannot, therefore they are considered different spells and can stack.

Therefore, Frost Armour and Frost Armour (Auto-cast) will not stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.