• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Is it possible to trigger transform abilities on heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I want to make a hero that is all about shifting forms. They will have 4 forms total, one of which is the default. I started out by making custom versions of bear form, crow form, metamorphosis and burrow with the idea that I would just make each one transform the hero into one of the other forms and the 4th will be a return form. Because it's not only 2 ways, eg. bear to druid & druid to bear, I feel as though it may be better to just do this entire process through triggers.

Is this possible and would it introduce issues? I've already added a bug that causes the game to crash every time it's loading (im assuming because of what I did with the transforms).

Ideally how it would go is:

-Hero uses transform
-The ability used to transform is replaced with an active ability, and the 4th button on the row will be "return to original form" while the other 2 will be the other 2 forms.

Because it is not on/off, i feel as if custom triggers would be better. My question is: will "Replace unit" introduce bugs & is there a better way to do this?

Thanks!

Level 12
So i did a small system with the Chaos Ability from orcs and evrytime you change your form it saves your items remove them and add them again because the chaos ability transform the unit type and it overwrites items that means the attack or armor from an item its after the chaos ability added to the normal stats so i avoid it by saving the items remove them then add chaos ability (the depending form) and then give the items back... with this method you can give each form his own spells...
its not the best method but there is not much do trigger when morphing :)
try it out and look if its fit for you :)

WARNING: its not MUI that means if more then 1 Player plays the Druid its not Working :)

Attachments

• Druid Forms Test.w3m
    21 KB · Views: 42
Level 21
You should know that buffs and debuffs might also become permanent after shapeshifting, test devotion aura for example.

Level 8
One thing I did notice is that the Hero's mana and armor went up exponentially when shifting forms, it had to do with having multiple forms available. (Eg. Bear can shift to wolf, or druid, doesnt have to go back to druid before shifting to wolf.)

The fix was easy, just store their Mana and armor in variables before the shift and re-set it after the shift is completed. :)

Level 12
De I did. the Test map 10 min before I wake up while drinking my coffee and did it fast it took me some min only didn’t have the time to test around so I hope you fixed all issues that comes with chaos ability and it works for you know and btw bruunk I didn’t knowed your 4 forms so I did it based on wow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.