• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Iron Raven Spells Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello,
This is my first request. I'm afraid I have nothing to give, but here goes.

Iron Raven Spells

I need someone skilled with triggers to make me a set of spells for my big upcoming RPG "Quest for the Lich King", a new, epic RPG in which players set out to stop the Lich King's plot to conquer Azeroth. The spells are for Iron Raven, one of the heroes able to be chosen by players. Iron Raven was a Night Elf Warden who was mortally wounded in battle, but saved by gnome technology. These are the spells.

Scan:

Scans a unit, learning its weak points and giving an attack bonus against it.

Laser Whip:

Creates a massive laser whip that Iron Raven swings around once, dealing damage to all nearby enemies, and then cracks at a target enemy unit, dealing damage to that unit and all other enemies between it and Iron Raven, and then explodes, dealing damage in AOE.

Energy field

Creates an energy field that can be entered and exited, blocking the attacks of enemies and healing Iron Raven and her allies whilst they are in the field.

Supersonic:

Fires powerful booster rockets that fire Iron Raven at a target enemy unit, slamming into it and dealing damage to it. The speed of Iron Raven's attack creates a sonic boom that slightly damages and stuns surrounding enemies.

Iron Fist:

Picks up a target enemy unit and slams it into another nearby enemy unit, dealing damage to both units. If no nearby unit is available, the unit is slammed into the ground dealing 150% normal damage.

Ultimate Ability: Gravity Bomb

Fires a powerful gravity bomb at a target area. First, the bomb creates a small black hole that sucks all nearby enemy units and destructibles into it. The bomb then explodes, dealing damage based on the number of units sucked in.

I would make these myself, but, sadly, I have not yet mastered the art of spellcrafting and this map has become my life. These spells would preferably be GUI and easily edited, as I may need to change a spell at a moment's notice. The spells should be infinitely levelable (that is, they go up to level 100). Don't worry about how the spells' effects' strengths should increase in value as they level. That'll be my job. For now, just give them values as you see fit. Also, if you think any of these are inadequate and have your own idea for a good spell, feel free to suggest/make it. Anyone willing to even take a crack at this will be highly appreciated, but, as I said, I have nothing to give. Thanks.

CoBrA b.

P.S. Use the attached map to make the spells.

P.P.S. This is only the beginning. If I get some good results from this request, I'll certainly be asking for more. You haven't heard the last of me.

Attachments

• IronRavenSpellMap.w3x
    97.8 KB · Views: 42
Level 9
Scan - for the scan ability can it just reduce their armour?

Energy field - unit be invulnerable while within the energy field so they can't be attacked or healed the damage that they took while in the energy field? (and heals additional health per second

Another question can only one person be Iron Raven?

Last edited:
Level 4
I spent like 5 minutes earlier doing scan exactly the way he asked and its all gonna be MUI (if it gets done :p) not that hard is it? (BTW I am doing the spells in GUI).

Level 17
The spells are done :D

Please give credit if you use them and please give rep if I have helped you.

I hope the spells can do what you need then to do.I have copied some of the spells from my map to yours, if some of the names aren't right just change them.

PM me if you need any more help.

Attachments

• IronRavenSpellMap.w3x
    111 KB · Views: 38
Level 12
Thanks to everyone who's working on this so far! Unfortunately, I recently broke my Frozen Throne CD and had to order a new one from Amazon, so I can't test anything out quite yet (at least until I manage to find my Reign of Chaos CD, which I'm not sure will work, anyway) http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/images_all/smilies/dragoonzombiecry.gif. Anyhow, my new CD should get to me soon. Thanks!

P.S. Found my Reign of Chaos CD. It doesn't work. Too bad. Anyway, special thanks to Xiliger for getting these done so quickly.

Last edited:
Level 4
I downloaded the spell map and opened it to find that it could be more efficient and leak-less so I have decided to edit the map and upload a more efficient version. However, dont give me ANY credit whatsoever because I would not have gotten around to doing the spells from scratch and dont want to steal any glory from Xilinger for the hard work he put in. I am merely adding a small amount on to what Xilinger started. You can also earn by comparing the two.

Level 4
OK you need to help me with how you did these things because while I understand how they all work and everything... I fixed up sonic boom and it works on some units sometimes only...very wierd. :/ I will keep trying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.