• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invisible Icon Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey guys, I'm having a little problem with some icons.

So I got some WoW icons off the internet and simply added the square borders onto them using Warcraft 3 Image Renamer (this one). They were in TGA format so I imported em' into Warcraft 3 Viewer (here) Then I simply converted them into BLP. Simple right?
The problem is, when I try to open the BLP in the Viewer OR WE, they don't show up AT ALL! There is nothing there, just a blank spot, no white box, and no green box. Absolutly nothing. The file has space (~9kb) but I'm really confused. This has happened about 3 times now so I would really like to figure it out.

Any help is appreciated.

Level 7
Alpha channels? blps should have it - but the tga shouldn't. Maybe you forgot that during the conversion? (I always forget to do it...)

Do they even work ingame? Or does the same problem occur?

Level 14
War3 Viewer will automatically ask about adding the alpha channel, when you're trying to convert images without it.

4tpuki.png

Anyway, you can use http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/button-manager-v1-7-a-116280/ for putting borders and converting to BLP.

Alpha channels? blps should have it - but the tga shouldn't.
Fix: BLPs created with war3viewer. Actually, not every BLP should/will have an alpha channel.

Level 6
I know, but for some reason it's not even asking to add one. Will it be invisible if there isn't one?

BTW, the same problem does occur in-game. It just isn't visible put when I pan over it, it shows the tooltip/name and whatnot of whatever it is.

Level 6
No, death, its not that. Thats just when you import or test it out, they don't load up in the editor. This, they are invisible in-game also.

Also, I've used the viewer for ALL my conversions and up until now have had no problems.

Sorry for double post.

Level 14
As far as I know, W3IR create images without alpha channel. That's first part of the issue.

The second is that, I guess, you are using old version of War3Viewer (probably, v2.2). It simply creates a 0 byte BLP file, if there's no alpha channel in source file.

Level 6
Hrm, probably the W3IR not creating an alpha that is the problem, because the BLP I get does have space (~8kb).

Thanks for the help guys, I've fixed it by switching over to the Button Manager. That is a really great program and I'll use it from now on!

Status
Not open for further replies.