• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with conversion tga->blp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey people,
I got a problem with conversion of images from tga to blp.
I use blp's from wc3, for example the Tile04 of the UI, and can not convert them correctly.
Other ones work perfectly even if I do not change the process of reworking them, which is why I thought that it was actually a problem with converting programs.
However, after testing multiple programs (Warcraft 3 Viewer, Image Extractor, BLPconv) I still had the same problem. As you can see in the screenshot I uploaded, most parts work without any problems, but Tile04 [and menu borders] are bugged - I guess it could be the alpha channel.
When I open the blps with programs like wc3viewer they seem to be correct.
Can someone help me with this problem? Search did not give any results, even though I might have missed a thread.
Thanks in advance,
Infrisios

Attachments

• SnowUI_1.jpg
    SnowUI_1.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Level 8
Make sure you've saved it with 32-bit .tga before converting it, and also that it has an alphachannel.

EDIT: Nice UI btw, a bit simple edit, but it gives a whole new feel. ^^
As I stated, I have not changed anything in the whole process.
I also tried it without changing anything, still the same error.
And yeah, I did not want to create a whole new UI, so I just used two effects -.-

Edit - found the solution here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85148
Just resized it to 512x512 and it works!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.