• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

White Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
When Dealing with icons any number of problems can arise, you will need to check to make sure of the following:

1. The icons the correct size
(64 x 64 pixle)

2. The icon is saved with BTN at the begining
(Example: BTNLightning.tga or BTNLightning.blp)

3. Make sure the icon is 24-bit and not 32-bit or 16-bit. If it is anything other than 24-bit it wont work.

4. Make sure that you merged the image correctly so that there are no "floating images". this can be done on your image editing program.

5. Make sure you have the right path, no matter how much you have so far, if your path is wrong your icon simply wont work. here is an example of how a path should be done. After importing an icon onto the import manager change the import path of the icon to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTN"name of your icon (without quotes)".tga

Note: .tga files also work for icons, normally i use .tga files instead of .blp files because there is no editor in the known universe (at least not for public use) for editing .blp files.

[/list]

Level 13
Well if you open the file in microsoft paint you can click save as and in the bottom you will have the option to save it as a 24 bit.bmp this is the default setting. For other programs im not exactly sure but the default should be 24 bit.

Bit: A bit is a unit of measurement dealing with the colors (red, green and blue). 24 bit images have 3, 8 bit bytes dedicated to each color. When dealing with a 24 bit image it means the image displays up to 16,000,000 colors.

Dunce! I still have the same problem... hmm, wonder what's wrong now?

You see, i've taken my images, saved them in 24 bit TGA format and converted them using Image Extractor II. When i imported the icon on my map, there was the same problem: The icon was totally white. Could there be an alternative problem which passes undetected?

-Spellweaver

PS: If it may help, the images i'm trying to implement in Warcraft III tft are those from the game Guild Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.