• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help in icons... Struggling for a long time already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Can anyone help me about my problem? I'm using WC3 Image Extractor 2 to convert the icons i downloaded to .blp format (vice versa) and i imported them into my map... But why it is blank in WE? All of them..........

Another problem is when i use the Meatapult icon for an item, the icon was in GREEN colour when my hero is not 'Nearby Patron'... I've tried many ways but still the same...

Pls help me with my problem... Thanks a lot!!!

Level 32
Level 1
sry for posting in the wrong section...

I've already tried tat path but it still the same... Is it something wrong with my WE?

Level 10
Well your first question has been answered, but as for your problem with Meatapult showing green away from the store, I believe that there is no disabled icon for it built into the game.

Import the attached icon with the import manager, and give it this custom path:

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNMeatapult.blp

Attachments

• DISBTNMeatapult.blp
    6.5 KB · Views: 59
Level 1
erm...... i think the 1st problem not really solved yet! Sry for having the same problem again...

I'm now can use my imported icons but it is now hv the same problem wif the green thing... All of them... :grin:

thanks u all for helping... anyway...

Level 1
and i already imported all the disabled icons, used the wc3 viewer or follow ways tat u guys taught me, but still, the "GREEN problem" cannot be solved...

sry for posting again...

Level 32
I believe that there is no disabled icon for it built into the game.
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle: we all can learn something new every day.
I'm now can use my imported icons but it is now hv the same problem wif the green thing... All of them...
If your imported icons do not appear at all (icons appear "blank") then they are missing the required alpha channel.

If you are getting the "green square of death" the active or disabled icons are improperly pathed.

Refer to: My icon is green in game... why?
Solution 1.
Icon Paths:
Icons must have their paths set correctly to be used in Warcraft III maps. Open World Editor's Import Manager and check to make sure you have set the right path for each icon.

We are going to use the path of a sample icon: BTNDragonBreath.
You can find it here.

icons_3976_btn.jpg

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNDragonBreath.blp

icons_3976_disbtn.jpg

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNDragonBreath.blp
So always use the paths:
Code:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\IconName.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\IconName.blp

Status
Not open for further replies.