• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with UI visibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I wanted to change a color into a UI so i converted the blp into png, edited them, re-converted into jpg>tga>blp(set alpha channel) again and imported them, but in the gameplay they show a black border which partially "invades" the game visual. What did i do wrong?

P.S. i'm using 1.28.5

Level 20
I'm not sure what you mean by "set alpha channel", but the alpha channel was lost after this conversion since JPG doesn't support transparency. For future reference, I recommend using BLP Lab for blp>tga>blp conversion and not using any other formats for editing besides TGA.
Well, when i convert bmp>jpg>tga>blp icons, wc3viewer asks me if i want to add opaque(iirc) alpha channel and i always did. I was just pointing that out for information.

Status
Not open for further replies.