• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My game interface skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
skinmr5.png

I took more than 50 hours to make this. :D

I may be releasing it to the public soon!

In game screenshots for map Jurassic Park Enhanced Edition:

I know the time indicator is ugly :(
jurassicingamepm4.png

Problems to watch out for when you are making a UI:
1. Sometimes, Humantile04 will not work and will not show up if it is imported as .blp.
It has to be imported as a .tga and then from gameplay constants change the interface setting to your .tga file.

2. Your in game interface will turn out to be less quality due to the .tga/blp format.

3. Alpha channels in photoshop are needed. Black color in the alpha channel must cover the unit portrait and between the ui and the top bar.

4. A inventory cover image is also needed for units that have no inventory.

Last edited:
Level 3
I took more than 50 hours because its my first time making a game interface.

Took me very long to figure out about alpha channels and how to make humantile04 work...

Now i need to take a short break from it.

After that i'll do a few modifications to it.

Maybe do a few variations of it.

And then share it to the public.

Level 5
Thats really nice looking, very inspiring aswell, when I do nothing I will have a side project to sit doing this, a UI.
Just for fun of course, I've NEVER thought of doing a custom UI.

back to your's, really love the detail with the black bird :D and the grass :D
well, release! :]
If there was problems doing this, you will bring em up and explain how you solved them for future artists? :)

Anyways, I would really like to try out your UI !

Level 3
Updated first post with in game screenshots and listed some problems that i encountered to help future artists.

I'm gonna do maybe another variation then release both to the public.

The other variation might be metallic and military looking

1. Sometimes, Humantile04 will not work and will not show up if it is imported as .blp.
It has to be imported as a .tga and then from gameplay constants change the interface setting to your .tga file.

If you import it as a square blp texture, WC3 will resize it to fit. Like I did here.

Level 36
Meh. It's a good texture (I mean the rocky texture you have), but it's a bit boring. Maybe, since it's Jurassic Park, add some vines or something.

I also suggest you get rid of the "Map by SaMMM" thing and the map title, because chances are if someone's playing your map they already know who made it, or at least what map it is! Plus, the text looks kinda ugly. Ruins the UI if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.