• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Inventory System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this... so tell me if i posted at the wrong place...

I'm making a gladiator-like map where you pick your hero and fight through the rounds with friends and face many challenges. I need an inventory system so you can equip a bunch of items like a weapon, a shield, gloves, shoulders, boots, etc... and still have your inventory free so you can use potions. I know a lot of systems exist but i cant manage to make them work because it's JASS. I would need a GUI system or someone that could help me with an existing JASS system. My items will include damage, stats, life steal, item set bonus, recipes etc.. I can make all that work with normal inventory but there's not enough bag slots... Also, the system needs to work for 4 players.

I tried the 15 slot system by 1345 but it's only for one player and would take A LOT of time to set for 4 players. It would be great if someone actualy helped me make the 15 slot system for 4 players, i think it would be the best way to come to what i wan.

Thank you verry much ~blanco

EDIT: what vertsion of wc3 are people using...? i was checking on a JASS system that requires JassNewGenPack 5.d and it says to have wc3 1.21... i mean what the hell,? i got 1.24.4, the newest

Last edited:
for what you want you can try to use Anachron's system though it might be hard for you to understand. I'm using The_Witcher's Equipment system, its good but I dont think it supports set items on its own though you can still make a set system since it has actions to get what items you have equipped though again you would need JASS knowledge...

on your PS: I use 1.24e, is it the JassNewGenPack that says it needs 1.21? it still works and 1.21 is just the lowest version where it can work it does not mean that is will only work in 1.21...

Level 6
Yeah i already saw your system on google ghost but it point me to a tread and it say resource unavaible can you send it to me via email or reupload it? i was looking forward to see it actualy ^^

can you tell me a bit about the features too? could not find info about it

EDIT: nvm found the downlaod link hehe

EDIT2: well it's perfect exept 2 things: it must be adjusted to fit a 4 players map. Easy and i dont mind. But how can this system handly life steal? Or HP regin? things like that...

Last edited:
Level 6
No i mean like a ring that gives 2hp regin per second. Also i find it hard to make item bonus like i wan... i must make a bonus for each item i can't use the same bonus for two items as they will not stack

Level 6
Well actualy i'm in a position where i'm making a hard decision...

1. If I take your system that would imply that you help me with adding the functions I need if they are not there yet (only took a fast look so i dont know all the features) and make it 4 players. We could even work togeter on my project for that part as it would be faster adding it to my map directely while working on it. The copy and past dont keep the object ID and if you need 4 times the triggers/object for the 4 players, it's gona be a pain to edit all the ID in the triggers. If you have time and wan to help me it would be the shortest solution. Dont feel forced to tho..

2. Using the system Archon made, found in the spell's director's cut. It would actualy be th best choise for any map maker because all the features vJass has to offert and how leakless it would be but i dont know vJass at all and it's gona take me hours to figure it out and make it work as i wan to and the object editor contains more things, wich means more ID editing... this option would be the longest...

Offtopic: does the jassnewgenpack keep the ID when you copy and past object from the editor?

Level 6
Well i know how usefull it can be... for warcraft. But I dont have enough interest left for it. I'm making an arena like map for me and my friend, that I will publish if it's good enough but it's too long to learn and even tho I was an informatician, I got bored it and quit so not am going in the army (yeah I know... great change of heart lolll) and dont wan to program anymore. I wouldnt be mapping anymore if it wasnt that I still like wc3 and my friends are so excited when I start working on a map... guess i'm good... for GUI...

Anyway... i copied the system by anachron and i got it working now. The only thing is that am unsure how to make set and forged items but i guess i'll work something out somehow...:xxd:

Any help would be apreciated btw if anyone can give me their msn and we can get on someday so I can work on it and have someone helpfull right on msn it would be great. Forums are cool but when I bug on something I wan to work on it till i get it and i end up wasting a few hours waiting for a reply and messing things up lolll (just for the inv system)

Status
Not open for further replies.