• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Inventory System help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello i need some help with this inventory system of mine. I have go the idea from ghost thrusters inventory system and peeked on one thing. But my inventory system is different so i need some help.

First thing it crashes if you click too many times ^^ And second when i click on a spot it doesn't always goes to the spot. And third i don't know how to make the equipment slots Occupied and not Occupied. Download this and you'll see what i mean.

I really appreciate this help!

+rep and credits for helping with inventory system will be added

Thanks!

regards Chewii

EDIT 1 : Forgot the map hahaha ^^

Attachments

• InventoryTest.w3x
    186.1 KB · Views: 53
Level 16
Lol..
Hello i need some help with this inventory system of mine. I have go the idea from ghost thrusters inventory system and peeked on one thing. But my inventory system is different so i need some help.

Ofcourse ghost thruster go "oh crap,he messed up the system I don't even recognize my system anymore at all"

Its a scratch made,he just got the idea from yours lol..its normal that you will not recognize the triggers +__+..

Level 16
i got a bug in your system...

i don't know what i did lol, but i got a black blank screen in one of your empty inventory...lol lol.................i can't move it, or even equip it, it has no information...

it takes up my inventory space by 1 in your inventory layout, i can't do anything about it... +___+"...

is that a known issue?..

--------anyway-------

now i know how to bring up the bug..

try Getting "Ring of Protection"

Equip it to the ring section

then try drop it right when you equip your item (drop it to the drop icon from your equipped screen)

select the second box of your empty inventory

VOILA!!

one black equipment with no icon has taken up your free slot by 1 forever!!

please fix that +___+...

Ghost thruster please fix your Inventory system omg, i can create multiple black boxes!! D: D:

Last edited:
Level 11
razor is right if you pick up one item then drop it and then click on one of the bags it will turn out black. And you can't put items there anymore. Ghost for next time to make it simple. I just need one trigger. The item move trigger. I may will edit my post. And its not cloudwolfs item system its LTGH's item system merged with yours. lawl. But its still different triggering.

Level 11
oh yeah mb i havent looked on the trigger yet so i dunno ^^ Im kinda lazy i will look on the trigger when the terrain on my map is ready ^^ So i can import so i don't have to do it twice xD

I don't actually know why it doesn't 'equip'.
Theoretically, it should work.
The trigger 'Init' sets all the variables(eg. EmptySlot, WA1), as you know Chewii.
I set the variable 'WA1[1]' to 'Item Attack Bonus', which is just an ability.
Later, in the trigger 'ItemWeapon', I but:
For Each Integer A From 1 to 5
If: ItemInSelection = ItemWeapon[Integer A](just a variable I used, it is just the sword)
Then: Add WA1[IntegerA](the variable I set in the trigger 'Init')

This is where it gets wrong. Somehow, the trigger doesn't add the ability, so when I equip the sword, there is no +12 attack.

And yes, the system is incomplete, as you can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.