• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Inventory system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Sup,
I need help with a triggered inventory system i am trying to make for an RPG, but its a little bit complicated. Especially considering i can't code in JASS at all.

My idea is this, the players hero has a normal inventory, however there is an invisible hero that "follows him around," in which the player puts his stats in in the form of adding abilities to the following hero. In this secondary hero's inventory there will be a button that changes the inventory to one where you can equip armour. These armour items' traits must apply to the primary hero though. :confused:

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Level 40
While inventory systems of a decent scale cannot be done sanely without Jass, there are some work around you can do, such as that, yes.

About applying the bonuses, you'd need a very long if-then-else trigger which adds/removes abilities when items are equipped/unequipped.

However, you could always just use an existing inventory system.

Also, you don't need the follower to be a hero, nor does it need to follow them around - it would just need to teleport to them when it was called (ie when your bag was opened)

However, the main problem with this solution is that you can't control your hero while viewing equipment, etc.

Level 2
I'm thinking that i might post a request for someone to make me an inventory system, that or just trigger the whole thing. The problem with systems is that even though they come with straight forward instructions etc half the time, i still can't figure them out to customize them.

Status
Not open for further replies.