• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Discovery: Hidden Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I discovered this small "bug" just about 1-2 hours ago.
It allowed me to remove items from a unit without actually losing the item's bonuses. This can be used for multi-page inventories and probably a lot of other things.

I experimented with the Inventory(Hero) skill and came on an idea. I copied the spell and renamed it to Inventory(Dummy). Then I created a unit on the map and gave it a bunch of items.

I created a trigger that would run when I press ESC and added these actions to it:

• Unit - Add Inventory (Dummy) to Paladin 0001 <gen>
  • Unit - Remove Inventory (Hero) from Paladin 0001 <gen>
  • Unit - Remove Inventory (Dummy) from Paladin 0001 <gen>
So I test ran the game and pressed ESC. The unit suddenly had an no inventory with no items lying on the ground next to it, and still had all the bonuses. This also works with bonuses like orbs and such.

Then I tried this:

• Unit - Remove Inventory (Hero) from Paladin 0001 <gen>
  • Unit - Remove Inventory (Dummy) from Paladin 0001 <gen>
This had the same result, except this time, the unit had an inventory with no items in it, but still had the bonuses!

I have basically created an inventory that cannot be seen, smelled or heard and which allowed me to have another inventory on top of it!

I know these other things about the "bug":
-If you press ESC and still have free inventory slots, the next items you pick up will all automatically go into the hidden inventory.
-If you use "Move Item" on an item in a hidden inventory it will appear on the map, but your hero won't be able to pick it up.
-If you use "Hero - Add Item to Hero" on an item that is in an hidden inventory it will add the item to the hero without losing the bonus. This allows you to get the same bonus several times from the same item.
-You seem to be able to have an unlimited number of other inventories.

Level 25
Heh.. I did find this too when I made some random fuckage in ma rpg map :p

Nice find you too!

Or.. What I did was to add the inventory (hero 2 slots) to an item, once a hero equipped the item he was given a free inventory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.