• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Inventory System help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Everytime I open any jass written inventory system and save it, it always complains about tons of errors. I figure this is because they wrote it in JNGP or something. Is there anyway I can get the system to work for my editor which is just the regular 1.24 version.

Another thing... Is there any GUI inventory system and if not is there anyway to have an event for "Destructible clicked"? Also if thats not possible would someone be willing to make me an inventory system based on the map I made.

If all fails... If none of these requests are possible could someone link me to the best tutorial on making an inventory system using jass. Sorry for the long request but I would really like to learn more about this.

I hace attached the inventory template to the bottom of the request. If anyone wants to add code to I would be very, very happy. (+ rep)

Attachments

• Inventory System.w3x
    329.7 KB · Views: 62
Level 10
1) Check if the system uses H2I or any other form of the return bug. Simply check if the system has "return" twice in a row anywhere.

2) Check if the system uses JNGP. If you know JASS then this will be easy as you simply have to look for functions that are not JASS or BJ.

3) Make sure you copy and pasted the Script-Header too. The header script can be found by going to triggers and instead of clicking the folders, click on the map title above them. It is vital you have this.

4) Make sure you copied all variables from the variable manager and also all resources from the resource manager.

5) No one is going to "make" you an inventory system on request. It's a lot of work, but there are plenty of importable systems in the hive database. Either use them or learn by reading them. If you want your system to be MUI (usable by more than one unit per player) then you have almost no choice but to use JASS.

Try using for example, this inventory system I made. It works with v1.24, doesn't use vJASS or JNGP but is written completely in JASS (with commenting and tutorial). It is also MUI but only allows for 6 slots per hero. If you need more slots I'm afraid you are going to have to use another system.

Level 5
Thanks for your help. Personally not a fan of having only 6 slots for equipment so I'll keep looking. I guess my best bet is to learn some jass and begin working on my own just the way I want it to work.

Might anyone have some suggestions for getting started with jass? I do know the basics to programming and know a little C++ and python.

Status
Not open for further replies.