• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Instant spell problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am searching for an Instant Spell that will not stop unit when it move. I know what Berserk spell is what I need, but I need more of this kind of spells and they must be not autocasting. If that is any way to make 2 spells from berserk and they will not interupt each other, I would like to listen it.

I need this to make a tank to drop mines on move ^^ (triggered simple instant spell).

Level 18
You could try using Windwalk and playing around with the Object Editor fields so that the unit does not go invisible. In conjunction with code you could remove the buff as soon as the ability is put into effect (or use Object Editor fields to ensure that the spell doesn't last any more than a split second).

Level 18
Immolation toggles on/off, though I'm sure you could force it to be toggled off immediately as it is toggled on, functionally creating an "instant" ability. Divine Shield adds invulnerability which isn't very good, I don't know how much removing the buff would do it may also make it functional for this purpose. Mana Shield is the same idea as Immolation.

Level 4
You are able to use Defend, Immolation, Divine Shield, Mana Shield and others with a bit configuration. Just set them have a duration, and then go to Gameplay Constant and Set "Can Deactivate Mana Shield/Immolation/..." to False. Then you got it.

Level 18
Just use Windwalk like I had originally said. The duration can be set to 0.00 or 0.01 to minimize the effects of it (and if the fade-time is greater than the duration, he won't become invisible). This would be the most simple solution considering you don't have to use any triggers, it can all be done within the Object Editor.

Okay, I will use it, but still need more such spells.
I used dummy ability scroll of speed. Unit thst use the spell stoped for a while, but after, continued to move. So I forced to set "Animation - Back Cast Point - 0.00" and it works good.

NOTE: Clarity potion is buged. I made it hero spell, seted use "Always", duration 0.01 and when casting it, spell is just dont cast: no coldown, no effect (even if I seted cooldown to 20 and targets to "Self").

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.