• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Instant cast abilities other than berserk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need two instant cast non-interrupting spell for a unit. I'm using one based on berserk but I can't find another one like berserk that will do the job.

Channel will not work because it still plays an animation. Messing with the animation settings on the caster is not an option either.

Are there any other spells just like berserk?

Level 6
> Messing with the animation settings on the caster is not an option either.

Er, why?

Every unit has two fields in object editor:

Art - Animation - Cast Backswing
Art - Animation - Cast Point

The difference is that cast point is the time your unit will play an animation before casting a spell, and backswing is the time that your unit will play an animation after casting the spell.

The reason why berserk 'serves as an instant ability' is because the unit associated with the skill has 0 cast point, which deems the ability instant on the unit. So, unless you're referring to the casting times exclusively on the abilities in Object editor, these values determine if abilities are instant or not animation wise and can be interrupted before actually casting it.

I may be wrong, since I don't normally play around with these values (mostly learned from DotA), but that's how generally it is in WE I believe.

Level 3
> Messing with the animation settings on the caster is not an option either.

Er, why?

Every unit has two fields in object editor:

Art - Animation - Cast Backswing
Art - Animation - Cast Point

The difference is that cast point is the time your unit will play an animation before casting a spell, and backswing is the time that your unit will play an animation after casting the spell.

The reason why berserk 'serves as an instant ability' is because the unit associated with the skill has 0 cast point, which deems the ability instant on the unit. So, unless you're referring to the casting times exclusively on the abilities in Object editor, these values determine if abilities are instant or not animation wise and can be interrupted before actually casting it.

I may be wrong, since I don't normally play around with these values (mostly learned from DotA), but that's how generally it is in WE I believe.

Because I still need to retain Cast backswing and cast backpoint for my other spells.

Level 6
> Because I still need to retain Cast backswing and cast backpoint for my other spells.

Yeah, I can see why you'd like that way. But casting a spell that is already instant does not make any difference since it is still reliant on the caster's animations.

It is possible to trigger a spell that can still be instant and cast (but your caster will still play the animation during the spell), or use the aforementioned abilities in Ardenian's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.