• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Instant move cooldown problem and remove all unit spell (help as you can)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
1. ull have to add a slight deleay so the unit can finish the spell giving it the CD
i believe even instead of using move unit instantly and using set units X and Y you still get the same issue

2.ull have to keep track of all the abilitys the unit has and remove each 1

• Unit - Remove Your spell1 from (Triggering unit)
  • Unit - Remove Your spell2 from (Triggering unit)
  • Unit - Remove Your spell3 from (Triggering unit)

Level 21
1. ull have to add a slight deleay so the unit can finish the spell giving it the CD
i believe even instead of using move unit instantly and using set units X and Y you still get the same issue

2.ull have to keep track of all the abilitys the unit has and remove each 1

• Unit - Remove Your spell1 from (Triggering unit)
  • Unit - Remove Your spell2 from (Triggering unit)
  • Unit - Remove Your spell3 from (Triggering unit)
Thanks.

1-I dont want to do this but i think i must.
2-I want to remove all cuz its like an spell that remove all your spell when respawn, i think disabling mana could help me too.

-
How can i unable an unit to build?

Edit: SetUnitX/Y will not break the spellcasting -> The cooldown wil work as expected.
Beaware that ordering a unit at "Event starts the effect..." will also skip the spell's cooldown .
Giving some specific instant orders at "Event starts the effect..." might break the spellcast and its cooldown but still drain mana.
I want to remove all cuz its like an spell that remove all your spell when respawn, i think disabling mana could help me too.
You tried out disables like banish, doom, silence? One of them might do what you need.
Doom disables all abilities also building and training, if one removes the damage effect and gives it a duration it might be the thing you are looking for.

If your abilities are added by triggers, you could force a morph and demorph, then any non permanent ability is lost.
Create a new metamorph remove cooldown and manacosts, set both durations to 0.01.
On Respawn: Add the abilitiy to your unit, order metamorph and all trigger added abillities are gone (also that metamorph), Except abilities you made permanent with "UnitMakeAbilityPermanent".​

Last edited:
Level 21
Edit: SetUnitX/Y will not break the spellcasting -> The cooldown wil work as expected.
Beaware that ordering a unit at "Event starts the effect..." will also skip the spell's cooldown.

You tried out disables like banish, doom, silence? One of them might do what you need.
Doom disables all abilities also building and training, if one removes the damage effect and gives it a duration it might be the thing you are looking for.

If your abilities are added by triggers, you could force a morph and demorph, then any non permanent ability is lost.
Create a new metamorph remove cooldown and manacosts, set both durations to 0.01.
On Respawn: Add the abilitiy to your unit, order metamorph and all trigger added abillities are gone (also that metamorph), Except abilities you made permanent with "UnitMakeAbilityPermanent".​
Thanks.
Ill test what you said about Cooldown.

About spells, the unit that i want to remove spells is an unit created by triggers and its an antimagic unit. :D

About spells, the unit that i want to remove spells is an unit created by triggers and its an antimagic unit
One can allow any spell to penetrate Spell Immnuity, this will not deal damage in most cases.
To allow a spell to affect spell Immnue units one needs to increase the Level Requierment of that spell to atleast 2 or using an negative Level.
For non hero abilities set the hero flag, change level reqiuerment, remove hero flag, done your spell will affect spell immune units.

Status
Not open for further replies.