• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Instance/Dungeon Request Thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Well, i want to "request" (Dunno if its the right word for it? :S) a "system" that could be used in RPG maps, making it avaible to Complete instances/dungeons, and then get teleported to a random place, where a random item will spawn.

I've tryed to create one myself. You know what? It sucked. Well... I deleted it, so i cant really post it here, but the mainpart was, that it didnt work.
It HAS to be created in GUI, so i can edit it/create multiple instances.
Credits will ofcourse be given.

Okay, so here is an detailed description of it:

1:
Screen1.jpg

You enter the dungeon. When a player enters the region, he/she will be paused and invulnerable. When one player has entered the region, a timer will start, running out after 10 seconds. When the timer has runned out, every player that has entered the instance within the 10 seconds will be teleported to the entrance (2). Remaining players has to wait for next time.

2:
Screen2.jpg

All peoples that have entered the instance will be teleported to this place. Now they will have to reach the boss (3).

3:
Screen3.jpg

Here is the boss. As soon as he is defeated, you will be teleported to the loot room (4). A second or such after he is defeated, all the creeps in the instance will be revived. (including himself)

4:
Screen4.jpg

Loot rooms. When the boss is defeated, you will automaticaly be teleported to your own loot room. A random item will be spawned for you, wich you may pick, and then leave the room. (I can make the leave room trigger myself) As soon as the loot room is reached, other players will be able to enter the instance.

That was it. If i miss anything, or anything is unclear, please post it, and i'll see what i can do to help you.

So just a special thanks to the one, that helps me with this (If anyone does).
I think it might seem a bit hard for GUI (Im really sucking at triggering), but wait... A clever man once sad: "Nothing in GUI is hard". So... Go on and make me this.

Level 11
I made a example map for you. You must change no unit/region/whatever to wha you need. Unit_revive is a array of size 100(Or larger if you have more creeps, in that case also adjust the For every integer from 0 to 100)

It is not tested, but I'm 85% sure it works

Attachments

• Example map.w3x
    17.6 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.